Helmet Steel Royal Armored Corps ( Canadian Issued )

Mark K

I had been on the hunt for some time for a nice war time unmolested HSRAC to add to my collection and although these were produced in Great Britain they were issued to the RCAC as well in and around July of 1943 the helmets Canadian designation reference number was ( 1A19120 ). 
It is thought that BMB manufactured all of the P-type helmet bodies.
The shell appears to have started its life with a coat of brown Khaki paint which is evident from the interior of the shell the exterior has been repainted in a textured charcoal grey which IMO is war time applied.
I have been able to find one reference image in regards to to this type of texturing found on another Canadian issued Steel Mk I which resides in the collection of Roger Lucy . 
And have as well seen this same type of charcoal grey textured paint applied on Canadian Mk II helmets one coming out of Holland with vet provenance .
The liner is 1942 dated and was produced by  I.T.C.and is in a size 6 1/4 and is still quite soft a supple the chinstrap is an early Mk III and is correct to this helmet there is period evidence that supports these can be found worn with the standard Mk II chinstrap as well as seen worn by Canadian troops in Italy or South Western Europe .
I have added a set of ZA2902 headphones and microphone handset No'7 with the proper 5 point connecting plug. 
This set can be used with WS-19, WS-22, WS-31 and or WS 43 (with plug) and are correct in this configuration to be used with this Mk I HSRAC .

Regards Mark

Picture 2848(1).jpg

Picture 2851(1).jpg

Picture 2852(1).jpg

Picture 2855(1).jpg

Picture 2854(1).jpg

Picture 2850(1).jpg

Picture 2863.jpg

helmet23 (1).jpg

• Upvote 1

Very nice and these helmets must be hard to find in such good condition?

D

@DAK D as these helmets were reissued and reused post war by Great Britian and Canada a like and supplied to other nations in need and or sold of as surplus... The Mk I HSRAC's are getting increasingly hard to find in un-altered condition with original war time factory paint this particular example was intriguing to me as it spoke of period use take note that the textured paint has filled the slot on the liner retention screw which suggests it was painted well the helmet was together ...

Regards Mark

Picture 2656.jpg

Picture 2670(1).jpg