Vietnam era M-1 C

Mark K

Another Vietnam era US M-1 C that I recently added to my collection there is a lot going on with this example such as it would appear to be a depot retro-fitted and re-baled McCord FS FB that shows good strong dimple marks in between the bails on the rim if I am reading the heat stamp correctly it is (215 B ) 
This particular helm has a nice used look about it and shows the expected patina stain and wear to the interior furniture and the helmet body one would expect to see on a period used lid as best I can tell the sweat band is dated to 1972 it is impossible to make out the date on the suspension on the liner I am afraid it is far to gone .
I believe the contract number on the Mitchell puts the production in 1969 if I understand the DSA correctly thanks for looking all comments are most welcome.

Regards Mark

Picture 3924.jpg

Picture 3926(1).jpg

Picture 3927(1).jpg

Picture 3955(1).jpg

Picture 3950(1).jpg

Picture 3951(1).jpg

Picture 3929(1).jpg

Picture 3954(1).jpg

• Upvote 1

Absolutelyu gorgeous!I love this VN lids.....and have a deep respect for the guys who fought and died wearing them!
Cheers

Manu

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 1

Thanks @Manu Della Valle this one oozes character and speaks of heavy field use I love the fact that it is a refurbished early WW II era front seam McCord and the heavy dimple marks in the rim above the swivel bails and the early heat stamp number would indicate it may have always been a Airborne helm and may have originally started its life as a D-Bail...

Regards Mark

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx @Utah Bob I see you were with the Air Calvary I assume this shot was taken in Country can I ask when and were the picture was taken.

Regards Mark 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2016 at 05:38, Mark K said:

Thanx @Utah Bob I see you were with the Air Calvary I assume this shot was taken in Country can I ask when and were the picture was taken.

Regards Mark 

That was sometime in February, 1970. Tay Ninh area. That lid stayed there when I left, but this one in my collection is the one I wore when I was with 10th SFG in Germany and Massachusetts.

Helmet7.JPG

Helmet7 interior.JPG

DSCF9247.JPG

• Upvote 2