A bit about me.....

lach470

hello everyone. Great to be here. I love forums such as this so it's great to see MCN back in business. 

I specialize in belt buckles but I also have a large collection of armbands and helmets. I also have some other items that were acquired over the years but those three areas are my main focus. Belt buckles are my specialty: there are SO many out there and they all look so cool. I fell in love with buckles when I was 12 and saw one at the local military surplus (pre-'40 pebbled Heer buckle and belt). I wanted to buy it and look bad ass (because of the swastika) but the belt was too big and didn't fit my belt loops on my jeans - he wanted $50 for the belt and the buckle. Ahhhhh, the good old days. 

I remember he had German helmets on sale (ND M42's) for $50-$100. I asked my dad if I could have one and he said no: too expensive. LOL! If only we could have known. So I have always enjoyed the look of German helmets. To me, the epitomize the look of the classic German soldat! 

Armbands I got in to later. There are a huge assortment of armbands out there too to be collected. I try with belt buckles and armbands to collect using the "one of each" principle. Once I have a certain type, I move on. 

Anyways....great to be here. I look forward to getting to know more about you guys and participating in this wonderful forum. Cheers everyone! 

Rob

• Upvote 1