Some Australian pieces I just added to my collection

pylon1357

Over the years, 35 or so, of collecting, my focus has changed a few times. At the core, it has always been about The Irish Regiment of Canada, and always will be. However, after spending 29 months at Kandahar Airfield as a civilian mechanic working in support of the Canadian Contingent, my appreciation for other countries gear was peeked. This interest led me to this following acquisition. Honestly, I don't really know too much about it, but I am learning. 

First up is a selection of smaller items, a couple of from the MRE's. I like the labeling for sure. Also included in this photo are is a tour coin, Nationality Flag, and the ARIN badge.

large.56c00160bb83e_miscitems(Custom).jp

Edited by pylon1357
correction of photo orientation
  • Upvote 1

The next photos here are of his Slouch hat, complete with badges and puggaree, something as a Canadian I have always admired. I wonder if anyone knows what, if anything I can do to get rid of the water marks on the hat.

large.56c001665c529_Slouchie1(Custom).jplarge.56c0016b54973_Slouchie2(Custom).jplarge.56c00174600b9_Slouchie3(Custom).jp

Edited by pylon1357
correcting photo orientation
  • Upvote 1

Now lets see how the tunic and trousers photos fair when uploaded.  One thing I do note, is the Australians still use the /l\ mark. 

When I get some time to myself, and et this uniform onto a display properly, I will replace these photos with the updates. 

large.56c00182b18f2_Tunic(Custom).jpg.41large.56c0017bb3181_Trousers(Custom).jpg

Edited by pylon1357
same reason, photo orientation again.
  • Upvote 1

How about a very well worn pair of boots. I do like the /l\ embossed on the sole. Not something I see in Canadian Gear anymore. 

large.56c0014d5c75b_boots1(Custom).jpg.blarge.56c00155c3145_boots2(Custom).jpg.9

Edited by pylon1357
  • Upvote 1

and finally the ARIN badge, which I find very intriguing. A qualification badge that must be maintained as standard or it is removed and had to be re-qualified. Very interesting. 

large.56c00027e0820_AIRNbadge(Custom).jp

Edited by pylon1357
  • Upvote 2