Heil Honey I'm Home...

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Err, I thought this was a wind up at first... It's not. It apparently never made it past the first episode, funnily enough... :o

A brief synopsis....

In 1938, Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun live in Berlin, next door to a Jewish couple, Arny and Rosa Goldenstein.[1] Hitler and Braun have little in common with their historical counterparts, acting more like a stock sitcom husband and wife. The Goldensteins are similarly hackneyed characters. The show is a spoof—not of the Third Reich, but of the sort of sitcoms produced in America between the 1950s and 1970s "that would embrace any idea, no matter how stupid".[1] In this spirit the title, plot and dialogue are deliberately vapid and corny and characters are applauded whenever they arrive on set.[1]

The first episode (the only one ever broadcast) opens with a caption card explaining Heil Honey's fictional back-story: it supposedly comprises the rediscovered "lost tapes" of an abandoned, never-aired American sitcom created by "Brandon Thalburg Jnr". The episode's plot centres around the British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain coming to the Hitler house. Not wanting the Goldensteins to interrupt the visit, Hitler instructs Braun to keep it from Rosa, but this she fails to do. Rosa duly invites herself over with hopes of matching Chamberlain with her dull niece Ruth. Hitler gets the Goldensteins drunk in an attempt to make them leave before Chamberlain arrives, but they stay. Arny and Eva end up leading the visiting Prime Minister in a conga line around the living room while Hitler hides the "peace for our time" agreement in the icebox.

I was watching this and suddenly thought that Chamberlin  was being played by Patrick Cargill, but he looked very old, so I googled him, He died in 1996 and "Heil Honey" was made in 1990 ,he was 77 when he died, so he was 71 when it was made. It certainly was,nt the best idea as a spoof, in fact I can imagine there was a influx of complaints from Americas Jewish community especially as Hitler was portrayed with a Jewish accent and mannerisms , yet the prologue stated that the creator was vindicated as having unsung comic vision. I,m sorry but thats the furthest thing from my mind !!!!!!!!