Two Versions of German K98 Tropical Frogs.

DAK D

Here are two German K98 tropical frogs from my collection, one is an early version made from heavy green webbing and the other has been made using a combination of early and later gauge webbing.

This early k98 Tropical green frog has all webbing parts and will not fit onto a tropical belt without removing the buckle. There is a slit in the webbing for the securing stud.

The last photo shows an early green webbing tropical belt along with the early K98 frog.

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 2

Here are some photos of the later 1942 made version, this tropical frog will fit onto the belt without removing the buckle and that would have made it easier to set everything up on the belt up.

This frog uses a combination of earlier heavy webbing and the new lighter gauge webbing. (See photo number three)

Note : the stud loop has been strengthened by using olive cotton thread, instead of the early slit in the webbing.

The last photo shows the 1942 made frog along with an 1942 made tropical belt. Changes were also made to belt in 1942, but earlier materials were used when these were manufactured. I will make another thread showing the differences that can be found.

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 1

Very nice @DAK D I must dig mine out at some point (I'm not sure where all my webbing stuff is atm), but I need to wipe the dribble off my chin and lay down for awhile first. Thanks for sharing :D

Edited by Mav352
  • Upvote 2

Very nice @DAK D. Once I get the display in a decent place. I would like to start picking up other pieces like an early frog. 

• Upvote 1