The carboot season is upon us!

Steve T

Hi All

First carboot of the season for me today. Didn't think I'd find anything as there weren't that many booters there today, but how wrong was I !!!

Always wanted one of these, and was amazed to see one at the boot. After a little bit of bartering, ended up paying more than I normally do for carboot stuff. :):):) It was bloody filthy so has had a good wash with hot soapy water. All the parts are dated 1939 and it is in not too bad condition at all. A couple of minor splits in the hood, and a bit of rustiness, but apart from that very nice :)

A bargain at £12 I reckon....... :D:D

DSC08631.JPG

DSC08633.JPG

DSC08634.JPG

DSC08632.JPG

DSC08635.JPG

DSC08636.JPG

DSC08637.JPG

• Upvote 2

Guest Fred Karno's Army

It's amazing what you come across and what people 'think' it's worth,bargains a plenty are still to be had  ;).Nice one. :D

• Major General

All I ever see are busted toys and old books.

nice buy!

• Upvote 1

Watch your spelling when replying to Steve's posts guys, I just got ripped to shreds on Facebook, I'm currently thinking about becoming a recluse for the rest of my days. :(

• Upvote 1

And punctuation. That should be a full stop after 'Facebook', not a comma. :)

• Upvote 1

Typical Steve T luck, if he fell in dog do do, he,d come up smelling of Versace, I think they cost more than that to make back in 1939. And Hetz dont worry about punctuation, wait till he starts swearing at you, he uses no punctuation at all

• Upvote 2

season starts here 1st may in burgundy, same old sellers with the same old stuff at top dollar, I might try one of the all nighters this year for a change

That's it. I'm moving to your side of the pond. We ain't got crap over here anymore. Flea markets only sell reproduction fleas can't get an original anywhere. 

nice find for sure 12 pounds? not a chance over here.

I must admit, every now and then you do get some really good deals from Car boot sales, also from charity shops, I,ve had a German Daggers of the Third Riech book for £2.00 and a couple of years ago I got a terrific pair of WW2 Voightlander German Binoculars, in Desert Tan, with original strap for £4.00.