Mk II flashed to the Polish Brigade in Exile

Mark K

I had been on the hunt for a Mk II flashed to the Polish Brigade in exile for some time to add to my Mk II collection and they do not come up for sale in the market place very often I did manage to secure this example from a fellow collector in Vancouver a couple of years back .
The helmet body was produced by EC&CO and has a nice textured finish showing definite age,wear and a nice used patina,The liner was produced by JCS&W Ltd and is 1941 dated.
I am quite confident that the eagle was WW II period applied but is not an obvious and or widely recognized pattern and feel it stands a very good chance of being an early variation that was not widely adopted and was possibly applied for a very short period of time while the Polish Army in exile was being reconstituted in Scotland in early 1940.
Recently a fellow collector that specializes in Polish WW II militaria shared this image with me of what he suspects is the same flash applied to the front of these Mk II's while the Polish Army was training in Scotland in 1940 unfortunately the image will not clear up any better for a clearer look at the flash so the search continues for better period contemporary images and or evidence to support it's use.

Regards Mark

Poland_First_To_Fight.jpg

unnamed (14).jpg

Mk.II w eagle (3).jpgMk.II w eagle (8).jpgunnamed (34).jpgMk.II w eagle (4).jpgMk.II w eagle.jpgunnamed (36).jpgunnamed (35).jpgMk.II w eagle (5).jpg

Mk.II w eagle (6).jpg

Edited by Mark K

Guest Fred Karno's Army

That's a nice sleeper,like Polish stuff I have a soft spot for it for some reason. :$

As do I thanks for the reply mate original un-messed with tin lids flashed to the Polish Brigade are quite scarce and I fear there are more fakes and repos sold in the market place than originals...And good period examples seem to pass from collection to collection instead of being offered up on the block for sale..Imo the flash on this example was applied with gas detection paint...

Regards Mark