Danger UXB

Davejb

Guest Fred Karno's Army

We can't bloody get that on our BT satellite package I'm sure bloody hopeless. :(

• Field Marshall

I just watched all the episodes back to back over the last week or so.. :D

• Upvote 2

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I still fail to understand how many hours are in one of your days @Lenny is there some time difference between a Scottish and English hour. o.O

You think thats bad, I,ve got to watch 12 different programmes in one day , while others are being recorded. Still it was a good long week-end and I got to sit on the turret of a real Tiger Tank, and did,nt pay a penny

• Upvote 3

Actually it was a very funny moment, I,m suffering with a spinal condition and its hard for me to climb things but I was up on that thing like a true pro. My mate who is still reasonably fit, climbed onto the front track ,promptly slipped and ended up in a heap on the ground. I was laughing so much I could,nt take his picture for 10 minutes,so he had to clamber up again and the wind was freezing by that time, and he looked frozen in his picture.

• Upvote 2

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I did annually for several years do a love wee in General Gavin's fox hole outside Ste Marie Eglise if that counts  ;) :D.

Oh thats just marvellous, you could have told me that before I went,,,,,, I WAS LYING IN THAT BLOODY HOLE ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:S

• Upvote 1

Hasn't been shown over here for a long time. But what a great series that was!

• Upvote 1

U can get the boxed set on Amazon for under £10 ( used ) and a little bit over if you wanted new.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know, Ken Kitson, who played 'Corporal Horrocks' in UXB lives here in Scarborough. He's a nice guy, and we always stop for a chat whenever we see him. At the moment, he can be found on the sea front, selling his book of poetry. 

We were in Malta a couple of weeks ago, and in the War Museum I took these pics of German bombs and fuses. This reminds you that Malta was once the most heavily-bombed place in the world....

P1000317.JPG

P1000319.jpg

P1000320.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Major General

Fantastic pics Tony. Thank you. As an avid collector of these items,thats just made my day:)

• Upvote 1

• Major General

In fact i seemed to have learned that from the bottom picture,top right it shows an SD-0.5 bomblet with an ANZ29 fuze. Ive just been up to the collection room to put mine right.