Hello from Michigan

dagodave

Hello my name is David. I live in Michigan. I've been collecting since I was a kid about 44 years now. I'm a hoarder I collect everything that catches my eye. Lately I've been coming up against a huge problem which is fakes! They are getting better and better. In the 70s it was pretty easy spotting. Now you need a group and as a community we all help. Glad to be here if I can help I'll post if not I keep my trap shut. Thank you. Dave 

• Upvote 2

Hi Dave, I'm 15 and at the beginning of my collecting 'career'. It's a pleasure to meet you and hope you enjoy the forum.

kind regards,

harvey

• Upvote 1

Hey thank you Harvey for the warm welcome. If you collect certain things let me know. I go to a lot of shows in the US. Nice to meet you!

• Upvote 1

Hi Dave,

im on the other side of the pond but itd be cool if you posted a few pics of your collection here, it'll be nice to see.

• Upvote 1

I get over there as well from time to time. I would be happy to post photos when I go and prices here so you get an idea of things.

Thank you Hertzers!

• Major General

Welcome Dave, have a great time here!9_9

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
16 hours ago, dagodave said:

Hello my name is David. I live in Michigan. I've been collecting since I was a kid about 44 years now. I'm a hoarder I collect everything that catches my eye. Lately I've been coming up against a huge problem which is fakes! They are getting better and better. In the 70s it was pretty easy spotting. Now you need a group and as a community we all help. Glad to be here if I can help I'll post if not I keep my trap shut. Thank you. Dave 

Welcome @dagodave, you'll find the guys are a great bunch here... Very friendly and civilised. :D

• Field Marshall
Just now, Bill in VA said:

Hey hey hey! Careful with that "civilized" thing, Lenny! :D

There are always exceptions to every rule.. ;)

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army
On 29 April 2016 at 11:55, Lenny said:

And on that note welcome aboard @dagodave ;).

:waving-soldier:

• 2 weeks later...
On 29-4-2016 at 12:55, Lenny said:

Lenny, keep in mind that we are mental!!!

Which other normal person would otherwise spend so much time, effort and money in this old smelly, outdated crap!:ph34r:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Henri said:

Lenny, keep in mind that we are mental!!!

Which other normal person would otherwise spend so much time, effort and money in this old smelly, outdated crap!:ph34r:

The only stinky old crap in my collection are my old boots and a t-shirt I bagged up then sent home from Afghanistan. I tried to bottle some of the poo pond smell, but it melted the glass jar. :) 

Welcome to the forum. Most of us here are pretty unbalanced, yours truly excluded though. 

• Upvote 2

Oh man......I am already loving this forum again with all these nutcases!!!  Just my kind of guys! xD 

• Upvote 2

I'm a bit late for a welcome aboard,so please disembark and get on again!:P

• Upvote 2

Thank you! I'm here daily just with work and opening up the summer cottage we've been pretty busy.

• Upvote 1