The Relic Watch - Back home where it belongs

Steve T

Hi all

Relic hunting and digging in the UK can be very productive, if you know where to look! I do an awful lot of research before setting foot on a site, to improve my chances of finding relics, and to make sure I talk to the right landowner to get permission.

The vast majority of the relics I find are general military and domestic items that have a direct link to WW2. Sometimes, just sometimes, I find a relic that can be attributed to WW2 and to the unit that used it. Rarely, very rarely, I find a relic that can be attributed to WW2, to one unit, and to ONE man.

The below video shows one such item. Doesn't seem like it was that long ago I found it as it is always clear in my mind, but it got back home......The Relic Watch.

• Upvote 5

I think I,ve seen this display in your man cave, if I remember correctly

You have indeed :)

Thanks chaps :)

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Seems strange the inside was missing Steve,was it a dump find or general airfield mooch as it looks gold ?. @Steve T

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Seems strange the inside was missing Steve,was it a dump find or general airfield mooch as it looks gold ?. @Steve T

General mooch and it is 18k :) I think it broke and he just chucked it when he couldn't repair it.

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Either that or conveniently lost it in a card game ;).Surprised as obviously you would have thought the case he would have treasured even if the movement broke,still funny things become less priorities in a war :|.

Thanks Dak :)