VCR Bill help please ?

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guys tearing my hair out here,for the past two weeks been bouncing off Lancashire police and firearms walls regarding trying to put in for a VCR exemption as I have been asked to do a display for the anniversary of the Somme in July and I am wishing to purchase a denix SMLE and have exemption to display it in a public place.Sounds simple enough ?,well every police department local has no idea how or who I contact to sort this,including firearms I don't wish to join an air soft group or reenactment group I just want to do this one public display.

Can anyone of you gents point me in the right direction,honestly love the boys in blue but tearing my hair out o.O.

18 minutes ago, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

@Davejb you're knowledgable in this sort of thing.

That's the first time ever I have seen the words 'knowledgable' and 'Davejb' used in the same sentence.

:D

• Upvote 2

We have to make him feel good about himself from time to time, like one of those school where even if you come last you're still a winner. hehe :D 

Well, first off sod off you two, secondly the law states that it is an offence to have an imitation firearm in a public place, unless you can prove you have good cause to having one there, from what I can make out, there are four legal exemptions , film or TV, Re-enactments or historical displays and air softers but it does say that to sell them at arms fairs is not an offence, which I would think that means its an historical display. The law is so stupid over this that even Police officers have no clue when asked the question. This event your going to, will there be re-enactors there, and other firearms, If there is you might be able to display under their exemptions, check with the organisers see if they hold any exemption certificates that will cover any replica weapons at the event. The only other thing I can suggest is phoning the Home Office firearms unit and explaining the situation to them ,and telling them is being used as an educational tool

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

@Davejb Its my local museum and the library too,and my mate has been dragged into presenting a BBC special and has asked to borrow my mannequins as a back drop.So it's just me on all accounts o.O,it's proving a nightmare TBH :(.

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I think the HO maybe the way forward from what you say mate ;).

much appreciated @Davejb

Check with the museum they can apply for special dispensation for an event in their premises, also as its for a TV programme let them apply also ,they can get one very quickly

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Well,spoke to someone in the home office today and apparently there is no restrictions on buying replica weapons as long as they 'don't shoot anything"........................totally give up  9_9.Will go through the BBC now,can't believe this honestly >:(.

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

@Ham & Jam, only my thoughts, but would'nt it be easier to buy a deact ?? Very easy to sell on when yer finished with it..and probobly cheaper than an air soft gun...:)

BTW, What about a call to BASC, or SACS??? They "might" be able to help...:)

Edited by Norrie

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Trouble is @Norrie I can get the replica SMLE new for £100, compared to £400+ for a deact,and it's just going to be propped up next to a mannequin .When the law doesn't know 'The law' I honestly give up o.O.

7 minutes ago, Ham & Jam said:

Trouble is @Norrie I can get the replica SMLE new for £100, compared to £400+ for a deact,and it's just going to be propped up next to a mannequin .When the law doesn't know 'The law' I honestly give up o.O.

Ahhhh.....I see now...Yep, agreed about the cops and the law...it's not their fault tho, as they def aint trained to know all the legalities...every force has different "rules" about firearms,be they airsoft, deacts or live firers.... their should be a single set of rules...even up here it's a stressful time renewing a firearms licence, I had a young beat cop, show up at the house, in his marked car, and say to me, I know nothing about guns, or the laws, be gentle with me....turns out he was only there to follow a set of "guidelines" he had been given..

Anyway, hows about borrowing a deact,? must be someone with one?? My wifes cousin is an Airsofter, I've asked him this evening, he cant see a way round it, even with a replica....sorry for being no help at all mate...

BTW, there's a live firer Mk3 for sale on one of my shooting forums, £300!!! just a thought mate...:)

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/120053-Lee-enfield-no-1-mk3*

Edited by Norrie

Guest Fred Karno's Army

No far from it Norrie,worst case scenario I will get an SMLE butt mock up to the correct length of the rifle and just attatch  a sling from the stock upwards and swath it in cloth covering like some of the guys did to keep the S@@t out ;).

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Luckily one of the mannequins holds it quite well lol.When I attatch its hand !.

image.jpeg

Guest Fred Karno's Army

This is the fella in need,lol no head Fred !.

image.jpeg

Thats a L.E. in the first pic aint it??? :)

BTW, you need a mancave matey, my mrs would kill me having soldiers in the lounge...LOL......:)

Just realised, you need ANOTHER L.E.....:)

Edited by Norrie

9 minutes ago, Ham & Jam said:

No far from it Norrie,worst case scenario I will get an SMLE butt mock up to the correct length of the rifle and just attatch a sling from the stock upwards and swath it in cloth covering like some of the guys did to keep the S@@t out ;).

Actually, I did very similar for a fancy dress party we went to, took an old rifle butt, and turned it into a gun to strap to my back...went as Rambo...LOL.....got a few comments about it...:) 

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Yes mate that's a denix replica,did the man cave thing,even had an aircraft cockpit in the garden,she doesn't give two hoots,blames it on my mental state lol,she even bought this fella some glasses last week ;) :D.which he is now sporting xD.

image.jpeg

LOL, I like your wife, my type of people...Good on her,,...and you too...

An Aircraft Cockpit in the garden...!!!! geezus. you lucky sod...I'd think I'd died and gone to heaven...:)

• Upvote 1