Small buckle collection

Peter Timowski

Not really a buckle collector but pieces i have came across while looking for other things, and the prices were too good to say no. A rough looking sa buckle with some dodgy repairs, a two piece aluminium parade buckle, steel HJ buckle, aluminium r.a.d. buckle and a nice little brass nazi sympathizer buckle.20160213_134111.thumb.jpg.9df2b8c18bfbe4

20160213_134206.thumb.jpg.76a2e3f4b91a0d

• Upvote 3

• Field Marshall
49 minutes ago, Peter Panzer said:

You might recognise the sympathizer buckle Lenny

I was going to ask that, didn't recognise the forum user name, I sold you that didn't i?

Just now, Lenny said:

I was going to ask that, didn't recognise the forum user name, I sold you that didn't i?

Yeah thats the one

• Upvote 1

Nice collection you've got started there. I think the HJ is possibly a reproduction given the belt catch. More closeup pics would be needed to confirm that though. Nonetheless - you've got some neat pieces. The tab on the SA buckle would have been added at some point - possibly by the original owners. SA buckles did not come with tabs from the 'shop'.

Thanks for sharing!

Rob 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info rob, i will get some better pictures of the hj buckle

• Field Marshall
19 hours ago, lach470 said:

Nice collection you've got started there. I think the HJ is possibly a reproduction given the belt catch. More closeup pics would be needed to confirm that though. Nonetheless - you've got some neat pieces. The tab on the SA buckle would have been added at some point - possibly by the original owners. SA buckles did not come with tabs from the 'shop'.

Thanks for sharing!

Rob 

Indeed, the tab looks home made, but sure that happened back in the day. ;)

• Upvote 1

Yes...although not too common, it was done from time to time to buckles - sometimes by the soldier, and sometimes these were purchased from the manufacture and added by a tailor or even a cobbler, used to working with leather. 

Cool piece!!

Rob

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2016 at 01:48, lach470 said:

Thanks for sharing!

Rob 

Did you have any thoughts on the hj buckle Rob, just wondered as someone is selling the same buckle on fb

CheersScreenshot_2016-02-25-22-44-20.thumb.png

Yup....I am still leaning towards a reproduction buckle. Belt hook, prong tips and the lack of detail to the front are what have me leaning towards repro. I'm sure I have seen other buckles like this accepted as reproduction from other buckle collectors. I would have to dig on other forums to find it. 

Cheers!

Rob

• Upvote 2