walter mitty medal group up for auction

the colonel

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Grandad what did you do in the war ?......

'Well you see on this atlas young Tommy,I was.......there,there,there,there,there,there,there..........oh and there too '.

;):D

o.O

2 hours ago, Ham & Jam said:

Grandad what did you do in the war ?......

'Well you see on this atlas young Tommy,I was.......there,there,there,there,there,there,there..........oh and there too '.

;):D

o.O

I have to admit when I found this, first I fell off my chair laughing, then I was in disbelief that a reputable auction house had the front to offer this as a walt grouping

• Upvote 1

That lot has more than it's fair share of copies too, Ebay sell them for a couple of quid each....

I find this interesting. I see no problem with the Auction house selling this off. They have described it accurately, they are not out deceive any potential buyer. The buyer can clearly read what he or she is bidding on (unlike some sales on eBay)

I collect medals to the C.E.F. primarily. I have a couple of enhanced ones. First a pair to the 184th Bn mounted and quite worn (entitled to the BWM only) I also have a trio to the 41st, entitled to a single BWM only. I do like them, sort of shows a different time and mindset. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Fred Karno's Army

A properly mounted all services at all times walts grouping lol,I can understand wanting to collect one of each but having them court mounted xD.

image.png

Guest Fred Karno's Army

What's pisses me off more is when you read the description of the 'Original set' but then .........

image.png

Edited by Fred Karno's Army