New pieces

Spaceinvader

Got these awesome pieces from a dealer I met through a Facebook ordnance group, and am very happy with these. 

Hopefully the headstamp pics are not too blurry to read.

The 2 smallest which are very nicely done cutaways (not sure by who). One is a 1938 dated .303 AP round. The other is a nice 7.62x51 tracer. Unsure of maker on either and the date on the 7.62. 

Next is a nice condition .50 M48 spotter round made by Lake City in 1969. And along with it a .50 AP round (black tip was painted back on by me as it was missing). Its not in the original case, simply one I had extra. 

Next a very very nice Russian 12.7mm AP-T.  Was made in 1972 at the Novosibirsk Low Voltage Equipment Plant. This is my first example of a combat 12.7mm round. The other is a bakelite dummy. 

Second last is a WW2 .55 Boys AP round. Nice condition and markings, good example to go with the 5 spare AP cores I got last year at the same show. Anyone got info on the markings of this one? 

And last but not least which I know the least about, a 1" Nordenfelt round. I havent been able to find much on this specific round as it always comes up with the harder to find brass/bronze jacketed projectile. If anyone has info on it please let me know! 

.50AP.jpg

.50M48.jpg

.50M48headstamp.jpg

.50M48projectile.jpg

.55AP headstamp.jpg

.55round.jpg

.55AP headstamp.jpg

.303AP headstamp.jpg

.303AP.jpg

1inch Nordenfelt.jpg

1inch Norderfelt headstamp.jpg

1inch Norderfelt primer.jpg

7.62tracer headstamp.jpg

7.62tracer side.jpg

7.62tracer.jpg

rounds.jpg

Sorry the pics are not in order, didnt know I had to put them in order! 

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Loved the Boyes AT rifle,found memories of blasting rocks apart with one in Wales in the 1980s lol,and put one straight through a P38 pilots armour plate shield :$ ;).

I had only seen pictures of these rounds before so was very happy to get an example for the collection. Its one hell of a round and I can imagine with the AP rounds it would go through a decent amount of steel!