The case of the Abused donkey

Davejb

Like any copper,s day, it can be quiet, mundane even boring, then something very weird can happen.I was on early turn 6am to 2pm . I walked into briefing ,sat down, with a cuppa and my Skipper started to read out who was doing what for the shift, By this time I was a driver so I got to take out a panda car every day. I was getting ready when a call came in from one of the local landowners. Apparently he had a couple of donkeys in one of his fields and he was sure that they were being "interfered" with and reckoned it was happening between 5am and 6.30am. There was nothing anyone could do at that time so it was decided that one of us would come in early the next morning. The other guys has arrest reports that had to be submitted, I was picked. Next morning I came in at 4.30am, drove out to this farm up in the woods, where the owner took me out to field where the donkeys were kept in a small stable. I settled down in some bushes and waited. Now everyone may think this is exciting, the waiting for something to happen and sometimes it is, but sitting in bushes in a damp field with early morning dew settling on you is,nt. After about an hour I was getting restless, and thought it was a waste of time, then i saw a man walking  close to a large hedge which almost made it hard to see him, it led right up to the rear of the stable, where I lost sight of him until he came around to the front, he was carrying a bucket. He opened the stable gate and walked in. I was about 30yrds away and started to creep up to the stable. I heard the donkeys kicking up a stink, I looked inside but at first could,nt see him, I then went inside , crept up to one of the stalls and then  looked over. Well you expect to see some very strange things in the force but this one took me by surprise, This bloke was actually having sex with one of the donkeys. I actually said "WTF" which startled this guy and he stopped, The only thing that I could think of saying was "Your nicked" I cautioned him and got him back to the station for questioning and that was a weird experience, I,d never arrested anybody for Beastiality before but you question the same for any offence. During the interview I said " What makes you do it" he just shook his head, I said " What about the donkey dont you think its wrong" he said "Well the donkey did,nt mind" This interview was getting very strange, as a last attempt to get through to this guy I said "What sex was the donkey" he sat up and was very upset  he said " Female of course, what do you think I am some kind of pervert"!!!!!, well that was it for me, I had to leave. He was charged but it was considered that he was a picnic short of a sandwich and at court he was placed under Psychiatric care but was ordered to pay costs. After that I was called eey ore for a few weeks, mates can be cruel at times.

• Upvote 3

• Field Marshall

Reminds me of a cop I worked beside.

He'd lifted a teenage boy for buggering one of his pals dog. When they took the teenager home, his mother was outraged... " Why did he do that, he's got his own dog!"

True story...

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Great stories...if you like that sort of thing:$

I used to date a girl who was a copper in the east end of Glasgow in the early 1970's (she was a bit older than me!:P) and she told me she had to deal with a load of really iffy folk...incestuous relationships, the lot.didn't go into a hell of a lot of detail, she had her mind on other things...;):Yes::P:P:P!!!

• Upvote 1