Facebook I don't know what to think

dagodave

I belong to a lot of Militaria groups online, also on Facebook. Today while I was looking at new messages on my phone I get a pop up from German WW1 and WW2 buckles. Jeff Groleau the administration there decided to post my buckle for his page. I told him that it was my buckle he asked if I wanted it taken down I told him yes. He didn't take it down. How would you feel about this? I feel it's false advertising he doesn't own the buckle or the photo .

• Upvote 1

Say it on FB mate, ridiculous, report it

• Upvote 1

He is the Amin there it goes no where

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

I'm on that group, and I'm a buckle collector. (Sounds like a confession.)

imho, you should be asked if they can use pic...

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

Thing is, speaking as a professional photographer, that pic is your copyright. It's a commonly held myth that pics on FB are public domain. They are NOT.

Now, I'll use pics on the MCN FB page but generally try to find out who owns the pic and get permission.

There is a get out on the copyright issue if pic is used for certain reasons, but I like to think common sense should prevail.

if asked to remove pic then should be done.

What pic @dagodave ?

• Upvote 2

The groups PP is his belt I believe 

• Field Marshall

See it now, the police buckle...

You know if the guy would have ask it probably would have been different. I just had a problem like this not to long ago. I have photos up from when I was in the Army SFG where someone had taken them and posted on his wall. One of my friends in the photo had past. The guy was acting like they were his. It got very personal for me.

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall

Yeah, it's just the right thing to do. I'm not convinced Jeff Groleau meant anything bad though, just maybe didn't think...???

oh, nice buckle @dagodave ;)

• Upvote 1