The old man arrest

Davejb

I was on duty when a call came in about someone creating havoc in the town centre, when I got there ,traffic was literally at a standstill, and a large gathering of people standing about, I could hear someone shouting and as I got closer I saw an old guy, about 70, in the middle of the road. He was shouting and swearing at everyone and had a couple of bricks in his hand and was threatening to injure anyone who came near him. I stayed in the crowd and worked my way around to his rear then I ran out grabbed him and shook his hands to make him drop the bricks. He was a strong old boy and it took another couple of coppers to help deal with him. Anyway we got him back to the station but because of the way he was reacting we called the police doctor to see if he was fit to be detained. He was eventually charged with Behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace and bailed to the Magistrates court. On the day of his appearance he turned up with a solicitor and a doctor. He was a completely different person, very well dressed and very calm, but very quiet. Anyway I had to give my evidence and so did a couple of witnesses, then his Solicitor asked to address the court. He explained that this man suffered from violent outbursts if he failed to take his medication and that due to a mistake he could,nt get a prescription filled over the week-end. He went on to explain that the Doctor had confirmed that he also suffered from Tourettes syndrome and that his swearing was part of the problem. The magistrates asked if he wished to say anything to the court. he stood up and in a very polite and quiet voice started to explain the problems he had and wished to apologise for any trouble he had caused. The magistrates adjourned to consider a verdict. After about 10 minutes they came back and announced that seeing no damage had been caused nor anyone hurt and due to his condition the case was dismissed. This old boy said "Thankyou very much I,m so sorry about all this" The magistrates smiled and wished him well, he said "Thankyou......YOU F**KING WA**KERS", Well the Court erupted, I laughed out loud, even the Magistrates could,nt keep a straight face, his solicitor sat down and covered his face with papers, the doctor turned away and started giggling, the Young girl court reporter nearly fell off her seat with laughter and all the other people in the court including coppers were creasing up. what made it even funnier was this old boy was looking around with a straight face and asked what was the matter. I know you should,nt laugh at others disabilities but I defy anybody to have kept a straight face that day

• Upvote 2