Tropical Luftwaffe Ensemble

ahrtal

Got this one several years back from Bill Shea.  It is now the only complete tropical ensemble I have.  I sold my tropical belts and two nice tropical shirts for some stupid reason--Oh, yeah, I'm supposed to be liquidating everything!  Anyway, I have also included the original write up on the uniform.  The rank cevron is missing, just the ghost visible; the KVK ribbon is also missing.  Thought about adding those two items, but, guess I won't.  Probably not too attractive to most because of its liabilities, But I like it.  I may pass this one down to one of my grandchildren.

"U-090  Luftwaffe Tropical Uniform Ensemble
Incredible grouping all from the same German Soldier who served in Libya and was wounded and returned home for recuperation. Later he was sent to the Eastern Front where he was killed in action near Lipia, Rumania on 29/8/44.  I will supply the soldier's name to the buyer with the condition he not contact the family!  This grouping has many assets and liabilities.  The tunic is a size 38 - 40 and is in sound shape. The original breast eagle was missing, so a replacement was professionally zig-zag sewn on.  Unfortunately, this is not an original eagle. The Enlisted boards are slips-ons and red piped for Flak (the owner ended up as a Stabsgefreiter in a Flak Regiment).  It's a nice original set but lightweight, so most likely these are for the shirt. It is an original set but did not come with this grouping. It has one set of medal loops.  The tunic is size marked on the inside (light stamping).  The tropical shirt has been modified (a long time ago) with the addition of a zipper (US made, "Talon" marked). The triangular eagle on this is an original replacement. It is missing the shoulder board buttons. The tie is the original Luftwaffe tropical tie. The trousers are in the original configuration but are a field made set and definitely are an original component of this group. They are wartime-produced as this fellow was killed in 1944. They have the cargo pocket on the left knee (very professionally produced). They taper at the ankle and have an adjustment strap. The waistband is definitely a field improvisation and is about 35". To top this off, it comes with the size 58, 1941 dated Berlin marked Luftwaffe Tropical Overseas Cap. It has the machine embroidered eagle in the trapezoid configuration and the machine embroidered cockade.  This is one heck of a set-up, complete with the personal information about the owner."

U-090n.JPG

U-090l.JPG

U-090h.JPG

U-090m.JPG

U-090j.JPG

U-090k.JPG

U-090i.JPG

U-090o.JPG

U-090p.JPG

U-090q.JPG

U-090r.JPG

U-090s.JPG

U-090t.JPG

U-090t.JPG

U-090.JPG

U-090a.JPG

U-090b.JPG

U-090c.JPG

U-090d.JPG

U-090e.JPG

U-090f.JPG

• Upvote 3

Holy COW!!!!!!!!, that IS impressive, what a piece to own, I think Manu might have a pair of boots that would go with this set, see if he,s in a generous mood, !!!! he he

4 hours ago, Davejb said:

Holy COW!!!!!!!!, that IS impressive, what a piece to own, I think Manu might have a pair of boots that would go with this set, see if he,s in a generous mood, !!!! he he

download (2).jpg

• Upvote 1