Hello from Hants

Martin Taylor

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Portsmouth (UK) and have had an interest in militaria for many years. I do collect a bit and i go to alot of sales/auctions so i'll be posting some of my finds up for sale every so often :)

Personally my grandfather was Wermacht (Feldwebel) who was KIA in 1944 - he saw action in Moscow, Rhzev, Kursk, Belgium & France and i have his medal grouping, photographs and war records. That got my militaria interest started. :)

Looking forward to having some debates and hopefully selling some stuff!

:D

• Upvote 1

Welcome Martin, I think you will enjoy the way we are here, You will find its a lot different to other forums out there, We like to keep it friendly and as informative as possible, There are enough experienced collectors here to answer almost if not all questions about a subject and there are none of those so called "collectors" who like to insult others just for fun, We shoot them at dawn!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Thanks Dave :) I'm all about learning as i don't think you can ever know it all lol! It's such an extensive topic it'll be great to draw on the massive experience here.

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Hi Martin,welcome along,I would love to hear more about your grandfather mate :D.

:waving-soldier:

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

Sup Martin, glad to have you here buddy!

• Upvote 1

Thanks Guys, I'm researching my grandfathers Career at the moment so i'll post up some stuff in a while :) in the meantime this is his medal grouping.

12366224_10153854583724108_6378672883703357426_n.jpg

• Upvote 4