Two great nations that know how to brew!

Afrikakorpsrat64

It's my day off and the chores are done, so I like to have a brew while I mess around with my militaria and chat with my fellow collectors here. I am for the most part a Guinness drinker, but love a good Scottish Ale. I haven't had Belhaven in ages . Now, I hear when in your own country, everyone favors the imports. Let's find out. Where are you from and if you indulge, what is your preference? I'll sit back and sip a few while you all think on that.lol Have a great day!

20160515_102801.jpg

• Upvote 2

My Poison.... J2O!

Edited by HetzersGonnaHetz
  • Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

Hello my name is Lenny, I'm a proud Scot and I have a confession. :o

I hate lager or beer, love cider. (I'm quarter Somerset)

I hate Scotch Whisky, love Bourbon.

Go figure... :D

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Hello my name is Lenny, I'm a proud Scot and I have a confession. :o

I hate lager or beer, love cider. (I'm quarter Somerset)

I hate Scotch Whisky, love Bourbon.

Go figure... :D

Nothing at all wrong with a good Bourbon @Lenny!

• Upvote 1

Well I,m 100% Londoner/Cockney, and I used to like a nice light and bitter, now I enjoy Winter Warmers, or Adnams Ale, IPA, Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort, G&T and a good strong cider, preferably not all at the same time though:P

2 minutes ago, Davejb said:

Well I,m 100% Londoner/Cockney, and I used to like a nice light and bitter, now I enjoy Winter Warmers, or Adnams Ale, IPA, Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort, G&T and a good strong cider, preferably not all at the same time though:P

I lived in Putney for a while in the mid 80s and I still have to taste a good "Pint o' Special" like I used to have at the Duke's Head!^_^

• Major General

I'm a boring f***** then, 'cos I gave up the booze a few years ago for several reasons.my fave tipple these days is a nice robust coffee...or a decent natural fruit juice if I fancy the hard stuff! 9_9

Guest Fred Karno's Army

G&T on the very RARE occasion now,simply because several years ago before my PTSD was diagnosed I became a full blown alcoholic and not a very nice person :$,struggled for four years but with the help of close family and medical intervention came through the other side.

Seems scary now but I used to drink 'Frosty Jack' tramp juice we call it locally lol,it's 7.5% white cider,and I would do three 3ltr bottles in one sitting daily ! o.O,and then start on shorts O.o.

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

• Major General

Good for you mate...most folk would be surprised to realise just how affected they actually are by the old demon drink!

3 hours ago, Ham & Jam said:

G&T on the very RARE occasion now,simply because several years ago before my PTSD was diagnosed I became a full blown alcoholic and not a very nice person :$,struggled for four years but with the help of close family and medical intervention came through the other side.

Seems scary now but I used to drink 'Frosty Jack' tramp juice we call it locally lol,it's 7.5% white cider,and I would do three 3ltr bottles in one sitting daily ! o.O,and then start on shorts O.o.

:smiley-face-soldier:

Real ale and Jack Daniels for me and a nice drop of Belhaven when I'm in Scotland :D

If any of you remember the little bottles of Gold Label, that were strong enough to knock you on your back, well as a stupid 18yr old, I used to drink four or five  PINTS of that down my local . four bottles would make a decent pint with a bit left over, and it would take me nearly an hour to stagger home, half a mile away!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1