Gasplane and bag

Mav352

9 minutes ago, DAK D said:

Hi @Mav352,

Hiscoll has a tropical gascape bag at a really good price in my opinion. If the link does not work, just type tropical into the search bar.

http://www.hiscoll.com/shop.php

D

Thanks @DAK D . Seems a very reasonable price :)

Nice and rare item BUT...it's not ONLY "Tropical",in fact "Ark" stand for "Arktisch" and was found on the recuperator housing of the guns when filled with "Braun Oel fur Arktisch",hence the stencilling "Braun Ark" often seen on many guns!
This cape would work in Bengazi but it would work on the Ebrus too!
Nice,rare piece piece indded!
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 1

Ooooooops,just visited the site and seen that the owner had posted the explanation already!:$:$:$:$

• Upvote 1

• Major General
On 17 May 2016 at 20:30, DAK D said:

Hi @Mav352,

Hiscoll has a tropical gascape bag at a really good price in my opinion. If the link does not work, just type tropical into the search bar.

http://www.hiscoll.com/shop.php

D

Cheers mate, just ordered one, really a fantastic price for a relative rarity (to me anyway).;)

• Upvote 1

Hi @Bil4338,

I agree I don't recall seeing them cheaper than that even back in the day :)

They are normally fairly scarce and double that price!

D

• 2 months later...

I have one that was unissued-----then stamped with "Haer" post-war, and used by the Norwegians.  Got it in trade many years back from a deceased member of the original MCN, Tor Johannson.  Still interesting, though.  Guess most of the actual contents got disposed of quickly as did US gas masks.

• Major General

I got some mess tins from Terje years ago.RIP.

On 22/7/2016 at 22:11, ahrtal said:

.  Guess most of the actual contents got disposed of quickly as did US gas masks.

Not really @ahrtal,during the War my Grandfather's villa had been taken over by the Germans and turned into the HQ of several different Pioniere units.My late aunt,who lived there with my grandmother and my grand-grandmother once told me,when she saw my collection and saw the gasmasks,that at a certain hour the soldiers had to wear their gas masks as a drill,no matter what they were doing;an Uffz would blow his whistle and in minutes every German soldier was wearing his gasmask!
Cheers
Manu