LATE WAR WH M42 COMBAT TUNIC

Manu Della Valle

Here's a magnificent example of what a late-War WH M42 feldbluse looked like in the flesh!I particularly love late-War tunics because they have this forlorn look  that makes them very desireable and appealing.much more than the classy tunics made between 1834 and 1941/42,to me at least.This M42 tunic is made of late-War recycled wool nearly identical to the Italian "nettle-cloth",which was made of nettle fibers mixed to recycled or pure wool.The lining is made of tan-gray satin rayon and the Hoheitsadler is neatly factory zig-zag stitched thru the lining like on many late-War tunics.The thread used is the same used to sew on other parts of the tunic and the chest pocket has been sewn in AFTER the insigna.
The rear of the collar is made of a similar cloth,instead of the more often encountered green HBT fabric and the butttins are painted blaugrau like on many tunics of the period.It's depot-Stamped E-44 (for Erfurt) and it's in just-issued and barely worn conditions.
It comes with its very own,original boards piped green for mountain/light infantry...the green was the same,only darker for armored infantry and administration.We could go on for ages discussing the various greens,but it suffices to take a look at surviving boards still on the tunic to see that a LW(FD) board can be mistaken for an Administration one for example or,even worse,the other way round!
Anyway It's a US "Vet BB" which I had eyed many years ago.The owner wouldn't let it go but one day a pal called me on the phone telling me that Bull Sheat had a "nice,newly listed German Tunic" and when I checked the site I found HER!I bought it immadiately and now it's one of my favourite tunics.It looks great with a pair of M44 low boots,matching M43 trousers and Einheitsfeldmutze,web belt and Y-Straps,E.tool in its yellow presstoff carrier and matching RbNr'd K98k Ammo pouches....definitely love it!
Cheers
Manu

P5191329.JPG

P5191332.JPG

P5191335.JPG

P5191337.JPG

P5191339.JPG

P5191340.JPG

P5191342.JPG

P5191343.JPG

P5191344.JPG

P5191345.JPG

P5191346.JPG

P5191347.JPG

P5191348.JPG

P5191349.JPG

P5191350.JPG

P5191351.JPG

P5191353.JPG

P5191355.JPG

P5191357.JPG

P5191358.JPG

P5191359.JPG

P5191360.JPG

P5191361.JPG

P5191363.JPG

P5191365.JPG

• Upvote 1

Hi @Manu Della Valle,

That is one fantastic example of an M42 combat field blouse and it's great to see that the breast eagle and Litzen tabs are the original factory application to the blouse. Thanks very much for sharing these photos mate :)

11 minutes ago, DAK D said:

Hi @Manu Della Valle,

That is one fantastic example of an M42 combat field blouse and it's great to see that the breast eagle and Litzen tabs are the original factory application to the blouse. Thanks very much for sharing these photos mate :)

Thanks a lot for your kind words Dermot!As a matter of fact every single tunic and cap in my collection has factory-applied insigna!I gathered tons of tunics throughout the years,but only kept the ones which stil retaine their insigna!The only ones I kept (and regrettably sold) without insigna but with traces of it were a M44 jacket field-made of Splittermuster camo fabric and a fatigue jacket belonging to a member of the HQ  of an Infantry Division!

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful jacket!!!!  I love the insignia application and green shoulder straps