Carboot ammo box

Steve T

I've been doing quite well at the local carboot this year. Five visits, five bargains! This one came today. £3 :):) I have already given the horrible brick-red paint job a quick test, and it comes off with a scourer and some elbow grease, revealing original paint and stencils beneath :):)

DSC09107.JPG

DSC09109.JPG

DSC09108.JPG

• Upvote 1

Excellent stuff @Steve T, what a great find....and for that money, you cant go wrong...:) I love old ammo boxes...had a few in the past, but always they end up in the garden shed...:(

I was at my local boot sale today, spent ages chatting with a smashing lass, turns out she was an ex Sgt in the Logistic Corp, two tours of Afghan under her belt...so I bought it for £2...:) plus a "flash mask" i think its called...protects yer face from flames etc...for £1....and, the reason she joined up just after the Falklands, a complete set of Falklands War magazines, she says she read them, then went and signed up...:) They were £2...back next week to buy her other kit she didn't have with her...all her jumpers with Sgts stripes , trousers, and thermals...£1 an item,...:) 

DSC_1464.jpg

Guest Fred Karno's Army
4 hours ago, Norrie said:

Excellent stuff @Steve T, what a great find....and for that money, you cant go wrong...:) I love old ammo boxes...had a few in the past, but always they end up in the garden shed...:(

I was at my local boot sale today, spent ages chatting with a smashing lass, turns out she was an ex Sgt in the Logistic Corp, two tours of Afghan under her belt...so I bought it for £2...:) plus a "flash mask" i think its called...protects yer face from flames etc...for £1....and, the reason she joined up just after the Falklands, a complete set of Falklands War magazines, she says she read them, then went and signed up...:) They were £2...back next week to buy her other kit she didn't have with her...all her jumpers with Sgts stripes , trousers, and thermals...£1 an item,...:) 

DSC_1464.jpg

@Norrie I have the full set of them Falklands war magazines in a binder if you want them I will bring them up to Solway mate nay use to me as you lot would say lol.

48 minutes ago, Ham & Jam said:

@Norrie I have the full set of them Falklands war magazines in a binder if you want them I will bring them up to Solway mate nay use to me as you lot would say lol.

LOL, as my grandad used to say, refuse nothing but blows...:)