First post, Hi to all

Clive74

Hi, Started to post on the FB page but came on here to share more photos that I have acquired. I will be putting some of them up in the photos section in a while. Here are some to get you started. 

I used to collect German WW2 Ordnance but sadly had to sell my collection dues to being made redundant some years ago. The collection was WW2 from 2cm up to 10.5cm. I had a nice selection of rounds that included : Flak 41, Flak36, Uboat rounds, various 2cm and 3cm. 3.7cm , 4 and 5 cm , 7.5cm and various others. A sad time and I cant afford to start again. As you can see from some of these photos, some of which have family ties are now my interest. All are Unpublished and never seen before. I hope you enjoy them. Can I please ask that you are welcome to save them from here, I would not like them published further. Thank you for your understanding.

First are not typically Military but are of My late Uncles brother who was involved in Anti Bandit Patrols in the Federated Malayan Police in 1950. Sadly he lost his life serving. This is mainly the topic of the album.

My other albums are of WW1 and WW2 origin, some of which have been seen already on the Face book page. I will be posting a few up on here for you to see over the next few weeks. I hope you enjoy them. Please feel free to comment.

Regards,

Clive

IMAG1773.jpg

IMAG1776.jpg

IMAG1847.jpg

IMAG1848.jpg

IMAG1849.jpg

IMAG1852.jpg

• Upvote 5

Thank you very much. I'm glad you like them. I've put more in the photos section. I've loads more from the same albums to post along with some unusual WW1 photos from another album. 

Cheers, 

Clive 

• Upvote 2

Fantastic photos @Clive74, and very welcome to the MCN, this is a fantastic place to be, visit and have fun,....some nutters tho,...:) There willbe lots of interest in your photos I'm sure..:) 

I really like the info on your relation who was in Malaya...my mothers cousin Lesley McKenzie from Crieff was an oil engineer in Malaya at the outset of WW2 in Asia, and was taken prisoner by the Japanese...he spent the whole war in captivity, he actually escaped at one point, but was recaptured...and some of the stories he told us were awful...he was a member of the Burma Star assoc, and his daughter still has the slouch hat he wore right through the war period.

Anyway, welcome..:)

Thank you very much for your comments. Those who served out there da eve caught suffered terribly. We had a family friend that was imprisoned by the Japanese and was forced labor on the Burma railway. I have whole album on this to post. Keep you eyes peeled and thanks for the welcome!!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Clive74 said:

Thank you very much for your comments. Those who served out there da eve caught suffered terribly. We had a family friend that was imprisoned by the Japanese and was forced labor on the Burma railway. I have whole album on this to post. Keep you eyes peeled and thanks for the welcome!!

Hi @Clive74,

Thanks for sharing your photos and family history.

One of my cousins was also forced to work on the "infamous Burma railway line" and although I don't have many photos I did find out quite a bit about him through research.

D

Edited by DAK D

Thanks for the welcome and comments. Will be posting more pics soon.

• Upvote 1

Post them in the right section though,for they could get lost here!
Cheers
Manu

I've put a larger selection of photos in the photo section. Is this correct??

• Field Marshall

Welcome @Clive74, great to have you here. Great bunch of guys... ??

Thanks Lenny. I will put more on when I get back from holiday. ?

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Welcome Clive, good to have you 'cross over'!