Very Rare Heer 2nd Pattern Tropical Ankle Boots

DAK D

Here are some photos of a very rare pair of original 1941 dated Heer tropical ankle boots made by Bata. This company appear to have used tan coloured canvas quite a lot in 1941 and 1942.

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 1

• Major General

Interestingly, Bata made webbing equipment for the British during the war also.obviously each country had their own subsidiary firms.

• Major General

Err....forgot to mention, these boots are quite fantastic in both scarcity and overall condition.wonderful examples.:)

11 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

Err....forgot to mention, these boots are quite fantastic in both scarcity and overall condition.wonderful examples.:)

Thanks @Bil4338 :)

Hi @Bil4338

Yes Bata was and still is is a very big shoe company that was set up by Tomas Bata at Zlin a part of the Austro - Hungarian empire  (Now part of Czechoslovakia) in 1894. The first Indian contingent was set up by Tomas in 1931 at konagar West Bengal and after Tomas died in a plane crash in 1932, his half brother Jan Antonin Bata took over the company and followed Tomas's plans to expand the company with branches opening all around the world including Great Britain. 

I have seen plenty of Indian made webbing produced by Bata, but no actual British made examples, although I would not be surprised if someone was to show me an example, since the company did have a large factory in East Tilbury that was established in 1932 and it must have been very active during the war years.

In occupied Europe the "Bata Shoe Company" was connected to the concentration camp Aushwitz – Birkenau in 1942, when a small camp was established to support Bata at it’s Chelmek branch in Poland.

D

• Upvote 1

Cracking booys!
I've got a pair of MINT Bata-made Knobelbcher and I'm gonna post them one of these days!BATA was a well estabilished company with facilities all over Europe:
As a side note a lot of Panzers used return rollers made by New-York-Hamburger Gummiwaren and from Germany's own Continental but made in the French factory and still stamped "Fabriqueé en Allemagne" (see photo!)
Cheers
Manu

444639.jpg

Edited by Manu Della Valle
MTRFCKNG TYPOS!
  • Upvote 1

Hi @Manu Della Valle,

Interestingly the heels have replaced with Continental made ones and the soles nails are almost totally gone on these tropical ankle boots. I have observed these Continental replacement heels on many pairs of jack boots over the years.

Photos 6 & 7

Nice photo of the Panzer return roller mate, thanks for sharing it on here.

D

Edited by DAK D

It's a Kettenkrad wheel actually,Bro!

It is from a Kettenkrad then OK, but It's not something I know about at all :)

D

• Upvote 1