Opinions needed...please

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guys and gals of the wonderful MCN,could I ask a question of you o.O.I am just about to start putting together the labelling and descriptive cards for the my WW1 display,now ......the problem I have is which way to go.

Military style cutaway descriptions or slightly more simpler diagrams,please see below.Now you have to bare in mind that the display is aimed at the general populace and not specifically people who know what they are looking at.

So the question is...military descriptive or more simpler ?. Thanks in advance :waving-soldier:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I would say the simpler one as well but add a description of the workings of a shell and what the components are, eg driving band, explain what it is and how it aids the firing of the shell and anything similar

• Upvote 3

Yep, as said above, and particularly if aimed ( see what I did there?? ) at folks like myself with no clue...simple is best....:)

• Upvote 1

Hi @Fred Karno's Army,

I actually prefer the more technical military version, but if you intent to educate people that have little or no knowledge of WW1, then the simple version is best :)

D

• Upvote 1