"New" Top Gear

Todd A. Raffensperger

Seeing that so many of you are from the UK, I should hope you have an opinion on the new "Top Gear" that is premiering tonight on BBC America.

I'm a fan of the old group (Clarkson, May, Hammond).  So, can anyone tell me whether it would be worth it to watch this new version?

p12893784_b_v8_aa (1).jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Can't personally stick Chris Evans to be honest,and I'm not a great follower of the motor world but did used to enjoy the original cast line up.So it's a no from me :$.

He seemed so out of place, Sabine and Matt were OK, but he ain't right!

• Upvote 1

Me,I'd love to see Chris Evans do a bit of bungee jumping off a 300ft bridge tied to  a chord 450ft long!I'm a great fan of Jezza's,Cpt.Slow's and The Hamster's  and I don't think I'll waste my time watching the new TG!I'll stay with the re-runs,Wheeler's Dealers and Classic Car Rescue!

Ta-la

• Upvote 2

Five hosts, FIVE.  It almost seems as if BBC was trying to make an all inclusive and, I hate to say it, politically correct cast.  I know the previous hosts could push the limits and sometimes go a little too far.  But what they had made the show work, and it was why it had as many as a quarter billion viewers world wide.

• Upvote 2

I dont blame these new presenters, its the BBC who really cocked up by firing the one person who held the original show together, and thats why so many people watched it every week, the original three worked off each other, all becoming the butt of jokes, criticising each other,and that takes a lot of time to build up such a relationship in a show and they had that down to a T, almost from the start. We all know that Jessa could have a tantrum on and off screen and the BBC risked viewing figures and income to satisfy some snotty little new director who did,nt like the way he was spoken to or threatened, because of an offhand comment he made in the first place towards Clarkson

• Upvote 4

We watched it and at the end of the century-long (or so it seemed) show, I turned to the Amazon Queen and said, "At least we won't have to watch it again". So far as I'm concerned the best thing for the show would be the Ginger Screamer's resignation and suicide - but that's just me...

As to Davejb's comment about the "snotty little director", wasn't this the producer's assistant, the chap with the Irish name? I was under the impression that his job was to make sure everything worked OK, which should have included ensuring a hot meal was ready at the end of a day's filming. If the chef was off duty, couldn't he have switched the oven on and started cooking? Or was he too much of a BBC luvvie to do nasty domestic stuff like that? 

• 2 weeks later...

Last show was the best so far, there was more of Matt and less of Chris :) the stars in rally cross cars is a waste of time though.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just read that Matt LeBlanc is falling out with Chris Evens.  He's threatening to leave if Evans doesn't.  

As far as I am concerned, the door can hit both of their asses on the way out.

• Major General

I gave up on the programme years ago but realise well how popular it was.....until Clarkson went and that ginger tosser came in.why the hell do the BBC continue to employ this waste of space egotistical (you'll go blind you know)?

given that so many people seem to agree with me, how do the Beeb not recognise how deeply unpopular the idiot is? Probably too far up their own luvvie arses to bother whilst throwing the licence payers' hard-earned cash at him.typical BBC, and time to reel themselves in.thought this washout of a government were seeing to that, but Camoron seems to have let them off the leash yet again.

• Major General

Oops...I've been censored!

the naughty word in parenthesis is the w word in case you all were desperate to know!

I am a mechanic, I work on vehicles all day. It is my job, the last thing I want to do is watch anything about cars or most other vehicles. I have seen this show a couple times, and have to say, I really really dislike the hosts. Not sure what it is about them, but just cannot stand any of them.

• Upvote 1

Another spot of news.

The American version of "Top Gear" has now been cancelled.

The world won't grieve.

• Upvote 1

UPDATE:

Chris Evans is leaving the show.  The reasons are probably obvious.

• Upvote 1

So "Beaker" has left the show, but can it be saved now?

D

Beaker.jpg

In my opinion, no.  Top Gear is dead.  They should just pull the plug on the life support.

• Upvote 1