My time as a male model

Tony Walker

Many years ago, when God's dog was just a pup, a friend of mine, Paul Simmons, asked me to pose for him, as he had been contracted to paint some book covers. The books were all novels, about the SAS, so Paul came along and took a load of photos of me wearing various combat uniforms. The poses were all done in the back garden, and one of the had me perched on a kitchen stool, looking over my shoulder and pointing an umbrella. 

Here are the covers, and you'll see that I'm now on the back of a Jeep, shooting at a Stuka!

Have any of these books ever been read by MCN members? I read one once, years ago, but wasn't impressed.

SAS Book 2A.jpg

SAS Book 3A.jpg

SAS Book 1A.jpg

• Upvote 1

All good fun and immortalised in print, thats the way to be remembered, but you definately dont want to hold a Bren like that depicted, or you,ll end up with a handful of red hot casings, or burnt fingers from the rear of the barrel ;)

• Upvote 2

I never held a Bren! In the photo, from which the artists painted the scene, I was holding my arms in an approximate position. I have fired a Bren, but much preferred shooting a BAR - it seemed to be a better weapon, although it did have a low mag capacity.