The weathers good,so mostly today......

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

The weathers good so mostly today....... I have stayed in relabelling my WW1 food box for the display ........;),not one for the good weather,didn't even get a tan after 3 years in Iraq lol :D.

image.jpeg

How the heck did manage to avoid a tan in Iraq? Within the first day in Afg, I was burnt to a flipping crisp. I held that burn for the 29 months I was there, plus to 5 month gap I was away. 

Oh yeah, cool looking cans. Are these reproduction labels available easy, or an arm and a leg? 

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Tan avoidance was easy we Only came out at night lol ;) :ph34r:,any ways bought them off Evilbay not tremendously expensive about £4 for 10 but better viewed from a distance,but ideal for a display.

For authentic examples of old branded products, from Victorian Oxo to modern choccy bars , you might want to visit the Museum of Brands next time you're in London. It's a fascinating place, and you can spend hours there looking at the various items they have on display. Here's the link to their website: http://www.museumofbrands.com/

By the way, don't blame me if you spend hours in there....

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Arrived today a cracking WW1 Ministry of Food original shop voluntary rationing display label,really sets the box off.I have been chasing one for a while :ph34r::D.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fred Karno's Army

Halfway through completing my next two mannequins for the display,firstly a private from the Yorks & Lancs regiment,and secondly a French field nurse.I was luckily enough to come across the 'Sphinx' head badge (Attatched to the font upper left of the apron) that would denote to foreign troops that the wearer was a translator.

And 'wiring up !' Some more relic pieces,also bought a bit of trench art too,so will get a picture of that up later.

A busy week all in all o.O.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Managed to pick one of these up too with the original pin badge,will go nicely with the home front section of the display.

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png