Donations

Lenny

• Field Marshall

It's always been my belief that the MCN should be free for it's members. I believed that in 1998, and I believe it now.

However, as forum software costs actual money, as does web hosting, I've introduced a DONATION button to the sidebar. Please don't feel obliged to donate, but if you want to support the MCN then feel free to donate whatever you think is fair. So far the forum software has cost about $200 USD as a one-time cost, which has an annual renewal of about $70 USD. Web hosting works out to about another $250 USD per annnum. So basically, running costs of about $320 USD per annum.

I've set up a Paypal account just for the MCN, and it's my intention that any money left after paying for software/web hosting will be donated to veteran charities. (I'm up for suitable suggestions, but would like to have a few from different countries.) I'll be appointing another administrator to have access to the MCN Paypal to ensure transparency.

I'd like to stress this isn't a money making excercise, we all do this for the love of military history and remembrance of the fallen. I know other forums charge for premium membership, and we may implement that also. However, I'd like to stress that the MCN will be run as a not for profit organisation. All profits left after running costs, will be donated to veteran charities decided upon by you, the members of the MCN. That's what makes us unique.

Also in the future I'll be setting up sales of the new MCN tinnies, and maybe a paid for dealer sales section. I've got lots of ideas about how to make the MCN the best Militaria forum on the t'interwebs, but I'm also up for suggestions.

Onwards and upwards...

• Upvote 4