Shrapnel damaged WW1 Helmet

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

When the dealer tells you'Yes, it's definitely shrapnel damage and the age looks right lol' ;):D. Oh.........I want to cry :(

image.jpeg

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

Yes....bl@@dy Krauts...they'd have taken them pots off during the bombings!>:(
Going by the holes they'd have pushed daisies anyway!

Edited by Manu Della Valle

Oh crap,jobb,jobby,etc...I hadn't noticed that old fart punching holes in them with a pickaxe!Disregard my previous post and feck that cockblister instead!"Cockblister"...mmmmmmhhhhhh...... ^_^

OHHHHKAY, Manu has lost the plot at last, it was just a matter of time, the old boy is getting on a bit and his glasses need upgrading, because he could,nt see that there was a human among that pile of helmets with a ruddy great pickaxe, should have gone to Specsavers9_9

• Upvote 5

There were a couple of foreign dealers at WAP a few years back that had a pretty large selection of WW1 and 2, german helmets for sale and they insisted that the damages to all of then were caused by shrapnel , but you could plainly see that the large majority had square type holes in them, Even when I pointed it out that these were either grave markers or dumped helmets they would,nt have it and their prices were ridiculous

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Davejb said:

OHHHHKAY, Manu has lost the plot at last, it was just a matter of time, the old boy is getting on a bit and his glasses need upgrading, because he could,nt see that there was a human among that pile of helmets with a ruddy great pickaxe, should have gone to Specsavers9_9

I had temporarily lost the plot....but I did realize that and posted again!^_^

So bury them all in the ground for your grandsons to dig up and sell as battle damaged relics, just to drive people over the edge. Because we all know that every ground dug relic helmet came from the grave of a dead soldier. Facebook says so. 

Edited by pylon1357

On 10/6/2016 at 14:24, pylon1357 said:

Because we all know that every ground dug relic helmet came from the grave of a dead soldier. Facebook says so. 

...and so does evilBay!