Another Mk11 Hat...:)

Norrie

I woke this morning to find I had bought this on Fleabay at a rather good price...posted it on MCN FB page, and @Mark K kindly commented on it as a post war Dutch hat...I am in awe of the knowledge of you guys...:)

BTW, @Fred Karno's Army, SHE is not a happy bunny, I've to stop buying as she does'nt want a pile of stuff waiting on us coming back from holiday...:)

Anyway, it was all done on my phone, and the pictures were...well, let me say, less than very good...

So, now home, and heres the better ones from the advert...:)

Any thoughts on why it's painted up?? It was bought from a chap in Lincolnshire, so, it has'nt really gone too far...

Thanks again chaps.

boston.jpg

boston2.JPG

boston3.JPG

boston4.JPG

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Yeah, Marks right mate it's a postwar Dutch one.May have been painted up for a prop or such,who knows o.O.

3 hours ago, Fred Karno's Army said:

Yeah, Marks right mate it's a postwar Dutch one.May have been painted up for a prop or such,who knows o.O.

Hiya @Fred Karno's Army, Yep, I'm in agreement , especially after trawling the T'internet for a similar PWD hat...lots of them  have been painted up in various ways, and lots of them look like it's been done by kids ....soooooo.....that one will just be another hat on the shelf...:) I need another shelf now tho...:) 

From what I can gather, it's got the wrong chinstrap on, they were fitted with later M1 style straps with the clips on the end,, that's why i'm looking for one...;) Got a hat that this strap can go on too...so, a win win situation...:) 

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Major General

This is a Dutch MK.II clone but with a British liner and MK.III chinstrap.the logo has been painted over rust spots so more than likely postwar, maybe for a drama or re-enactment.hope you didn't pay too much for it mate.

• Upvote 1

On 6/19/2016 at 22:44, Bil4338 said:

This is a Dutch MK.II clone but with a British liner and MK.III chinstrap.the logo has been painted over rust spots so more than likely postwar, maybe for a drama or re-enactment.hope you didn't pay too much for it mate.

Sorry for not getting back sooner @Bil4338, been away, PLUS broke my phone the night before we left for Crete....so...NO MCN Website for a whole week...:(

Anyway, Think I paid under £20 for it incl post, so not dissapointed, even using it for parts is fine with me...:)