M16 light helmet

Steelbonnet

While surfing Ebay, as one does I came across a similar helmet to the one I have had for years.

As you can see my one has the same type of liner as the full size ones. 

The history of this helmet may be of interest.  One of my business contacts was at a sales conference in Germany and the subject of collecting came up. Long story short the helmet made its way to Scotland.It had belong to a grandfather who had been a post boy at the front. I think something may have been lost in translation and I guess that the old boy had been a runner/message boy.  His uniform had survived until the 1980's in the family home (the Americans didn't get everything) Since then it has been lost and unfortunately it is not likely to turn up now.

The final picture shows it against a full size helmet

Let me know if you want any further details and I will post the answers

Gordon

IMG_0916.JPGIMG_0917.JPGIMG_0918.JPGIMG_0919.JPGIMG_0920.JPGIMG_0922.JPGIMG_0923.JPG

• Upvote 1

Are you classing this as an M16 Kinderhelm, it has the general appearance of one

Helmets are not my thing. I posted it in the hope that other members could help with details, and to share information with others. I thought it must be rare to get an unbroken timeline back to 1918

Gordon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Major General

Looks like a kinderhelm to me also, but whatever it looks to have been camo painted many moons ago judging by the genuine patina.curious item but attractive in its own right.