Carboot finds over the years - Picture heavy

Steve T

As Davejb is so keen to see some of my 'YOU JAMMY GIT' purchases over the years, here is a selection.....(all from carboot sales...)

Ridiculously expensive these two were. £5 for the pair. I was robbed.....

DSC03980.JPG

DSC03982.JPG

DSC03984.JPG

DSC03985.JPG

DSC03986.JPG

When I picked this up, the booter shouted, 'No idea what that is mate!'. £1.50 later, he didn't need to know as it was now legally mine :)  (I have since removed the daft cone off the end and restored it :) )

15052011517.jpg

£7 I paid for these. Shockingly expensive.

08082010391.jpg

This one was even worse at £2.

25lber.jpg

50p each these were, but I knocked him down to a fiver for the lot....

DSC02636.JPG

I seem to recall this was around £2......

DSC08241.JPG

DSC08242.JPG

And I paid £3 for this pile of paper..... :)

DSC05819.JPG

This small selection cost me £20 from a second hand book shop run by a guy out of his living room....

DSC01783.JPG

All this cost me was the postage to get it to me. Found by a guy magnet fishing in his local canal. He didn't want it........... :)

IMG_2628.JPG

Same with this. Found by a guy who knew I collected WW2 stuff. It was holding up a home made skate-boarders ramp in a local park, so he removed it and replaced it with bricks. All it cost me was the postage. Merlin exhaust manifold from a Mosquito NF1.

DSC02864.JPG

Petrol can WD stamped and dated. 50p from the carboot.......stripped, repaired, repainted :)

DSC04443.JPG

And the moral of the story?

Get to the carboot EARLY and look under the tables!

:):):)

• Upvote 1

Nice pics @Steve T, and some great bargains....:) I've had some great deals from the boot sales I frequent...too many to list actually...got pics of most of the items, but dont want to brag..... My Bro in Nottingham ( not far from W.Bridgeford BTW  LOL ) got me some great stuff at the weekend... Cost was only a few quid too... I got a 25lber 1938 dated shell casing a couple of weeks ago for £3.60...cos that was all the dross I had in my pocket...and one weekend, knocked a WW1 german helmet back for £50, a few mins later I realised my mistake, and went to get it, of course...it was gone...:) 

Two weeks ago, I bought a retired army majors WW2 Greatcoat for £2....my mates is going back this Sunday, ( I'm meant to be meeting the seller, but cant make it... to buy the rest of his stuff for whatever he wants for it....:)

jack knives.jpg

greatcoat.jpg

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 1

• Major General

My recent pickups, not very cheap, but not expensive either.quite satisfied!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Hi @Steve T,

You have definitely been very lucky, especially with the handbooks, as some of them are worth more than what you paid for the whole lot :)

D

Indeed they are @DAK D. In fact, when I first got them and posted them on the 'other' forum (that shall not be named), one of the guys went mad because he had just forked out £70 for the Lewis 303 booklet on it's own!! :):):) 

• Upvote 1