Carboot - RAF morse lamps

Steve T

Walking down one of the aisles, I spotted these under the booters table. As I bent down to look at them, the guy shouted, 'They're RAF cockpit lamps'. Good, I thought, he doesn't know what they really are! The two lamps sat on top of the boxes, which had modern markings on the front. However, on the back was a small manufacturers stamp showing they were made in 1939.

The lamps themselves were in pretty good nick considering their age, so I asked how much. '£20' came the reply. 'Would you take £15?' I asked. 'Nah. That's less than a fiver each'.

I looked at the guy rather puzzled and said, 'no it isn't. That's £7.50 each'.

'No, there are four. The two on the top are loose. There are two in the boxes as well'.

I checked and, sure enough, there were two more in the boxes in absolutely immaculate condition! Not a scratch on them. I remember seeing some for sale on a website not long ago for £120 each, without the boxes. I very quickly handed over the £20, grabbed the lamps and legged it to the car!

The wife was a bit hacked off when she saw them, but far from it when I showed her exactly how much they were worth! :D:D

DSC09244.JPG

DSC09245.JPG

DSC09246.JPG

• Upvote 1

What did I tell you, FALLING >DOG POO>SMELL OF ROSES, the only things we get around here in a car boot sale are CAR BOOTS, Your lucky uup Noorth, all the good bits get lost among all the sheep and cows, £20, YOU STOLE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1