An embarrasing moment

Davejb

There are many times in someones life when you get embarrassed over silly things, but when its a complete and utter disaster you tend to keep it quiet. When I was a young copper, I took my missus out to a pretty decent and an  expensive restaurant for our 7th Wedding anniversary. We were sitting there having our meal and I looked over at a table where 5-6 men were eating.One of them caught my eye as he was staring at me and smiling, I ignored him, but this happened a few times which was a bit strange as I had no idea who this bloke was. My wife went to the loo and as she was passing this persons table I saw her stop and this bloke was talking to her, anyway when she came back I asked her what he said, she said that he had asked if I was ok, she told him I was and went to the loo, she asked me if I knew him, I said I didnt . Anyway as we finished out meal, I paid up and I went to the loo and bugger me he was in there. He asked if I enjoyed my meal, I got a bit angry and said  "Look mate, I dont know who you are, so why are you even talking to me, and my wife, whats it got to do with you anyway" He said "Of course you know me or at least you should." I said "Whys that then" and I was about to pull my Warrant card out on him, He said " I,m the guy that just approved your Bravery award, I,m the Chief Constable of Hertfordshire" I very nearly pissed over my shoes, Good job he had a sense of humour. My missus thought it was hilarious and she waved at him as we left, he waved back and was laughing, so were his guests!!!!!!!!!. I could,nt get out of there fast enough

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Oh dear Dave, but it could've been a lot worse,see you later mate