Why??

Norrie

..........are there no "proper" WW2 British helmets that were actually used by troops on Evilbay, if their are, I cant see them, only a few relic ones..... I'm finding only ARP, Police, Home Guard, Wardens etc etc on there???? 

Are they that rare?? Will I be stuck with "home grown" only hats???

Hi @Norrie,

British army issue helmets are not hard to find, but I think if you want one for a low price your budget could be a problem.

D

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DAK D said:

Hi @Norrie,

British army issue helmets are not hard to find, but I think if you want one for a low price your budget could be a problem.

D

Hi @DAK D, They way I'm getting into the helmet collecting side now, budget does'nt really play a massive part .tho, I must admit, most of mine right now  are low budget items...all under about £50-75 each in value.....but, I am really just finding my feet ...and Ebay is about the only place I know to look at or buy from...I might need to widen my horizons...:)

Any places you would advise me  to look??

Thanks again for the reply..:)

You really need to get to some militaria fairs, theres lots there to choose from, but really good ones with provenance are going for premium prices, as opposed to a few yrs back when these were cheap as chips. Evilbay can be dodgy, Belgium made helmets with decals or made to look like British combat ones are pretty frequent, plus no real provenance

• Upvote 1

Hi @Davejb, yep, I do, but I don't think their are too many up here....as for the bay of evil, I do tend to only watch/bid on ones with plenty of pictures, if not, then I don't generally bother, tho, I did buy a Belgian hat a couple of weeks ago....under the impression it was a British Home Defense hat...it does have an original liner and chinstrap tho, and the lid will make a decent lamp one day, after some painting up ...:)

• Upvote 1

I only get to 2 shows maybe 3 each year and that is it. There are 2 shows in Ottawa and 1 in Peterborough each year. There are shows in Toronto but I hate that frigging town with a passion. Too many stupid people all in one place. 

Norrie, I know this doesn't help you out much at all. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, pylon1357 said:

Norrie, I know this doesn't help you out much at all. 

LOL @pylon1357, nope it doesnt...:)

Know what you mean about Toronto, my cousins lived there for years, and have moved to Barrie, miles away...:)