partial decal M42

Afrikakorpsrat64

It's just not the same with out a German WW2 helmet in the collection. After selling all mine off to eat last winter. I just picked up this one. And at $450 PP I am very happy. It's a nice honest 90 + % paint, sadly the decal is only partialy there, but I am very happy with it. Nice size too 66 shell. Liner is great. No strap but I believe I have one or at least the long strap.

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

h4.jpg

• Upvote 1

Unusual to see a decal on a 42 but not unheard of, also the textured paint extends into the interior, which could mean it was applied in the field rather than the factory. It might be an optical illusion but one liner pin looks lower that the other.any chance of seeing a close up of the decal, its hard to tell if its badly worn or a dug out. I,m leaning towards dug out, nice liner though 

• Upvote 1

This is my 3rd M42 with decal @Davejb, but I didnt buy this one for the decal as you say it appears to be a dug out, it may or may not be. I bought it for the original paint and liner, its a one looker orig. in my opinion. the texture actually does NOT extend into the interior, I apologize for the bad photo's. The liner pins are even, but with many helmets after 70 plus years you can expect the pins to loosen and move. Im happy with it, the price was decent . I took time before buying it, and after inspection apon receiving it ,Im satisfied. :)

• Upvote 1

Most likely field applied texture job. not concerned with it being a dug out decal but you are probably right @Davejb

13563538_1152535088102103_1722885653_n.jpg

• Upvote 1