A little light on the subject please!

Afrikakorpsrat64

This is a little 2 day project I just finished. I had bought a "Grab bag" of crap, which is what most of it was,lol. And in it was a Dummy (no holes for liner, and no air vents) repro M42 German helmet shell. My first thought, something I have wanted to try for ages! Was to make a table lamp, so fake stick grenade, helmet and old lamp I already had. Here are the results.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Upvote 2

And a fun time was had by all! :)

Nice job mate, Lenny seems to have started something, I might give this a go, but her indoors will need some convincing, especially as I will be using one of her old lamps!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

I am not going to do this myself, but I think these lamps look great :)

D

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mav352 said:

Looks great @Afrikakorpsrat64. Might look nice with porcelain balls from grenade pull cords instead of the metal balls on the pull switches.

I was thinking the same thing @Mav352! I have one ball set aside, just need to get another one.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Davejb said:

Nice job mate, Lenny seems to have started something, I might give this a go, but her indoors will need some convincing, especially as I will be using one of her old lamps!!!!!!!!

Thanks @Davejb, I have been wanting to do this ever since @Lenny made that ceiling fixture! I used parts from an old lamp I had gotten at the thrift store .

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, DAK D said:

Perhaps it needs some decals :D

D

I was thinking a nice DAK palm tree, maybe some campaign names.... the possibilities.

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

Love it, I'm midway through another.. ;)

• Upvote 2

I now have a helmet ( Dutch)  I can use to make a lamp for the man cave...and am off to the car boot tomorrow, searching for the right lamp....:) 

See what you started @Lenny !!!! :)

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Manu Della Valle said:

22478571365_40cf761193_n.jpg

xD

Theres doing a good job and then theres going too far, I,m buggered if my set of balls will be hanging from some bloody lamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Damn, looks like I'm going to have to make one now.:$

I'm thinking of this for a base, not sure what to do for a top any ideas?

geballteladungbwphoto.jpg

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Davejb said:

Theres doing a good job and then theres going too far, I,m buggered if my set of balls will be hanging from some bloody lamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO! It might not be your decision if the wife finds you stripping one of her lamps! xD 

• Upvote 1