Say hello to Han

Lenny

• Field Marshall

I'd like you all to say hello to Han. My original Action Man from the late '60's, early 70's. Who all still has their first Action Man/GI Joe?

He used to be called Hans, but now he's called Han because he's only got one Hand. The other one fell off when Action Man Parachutist turned into Action Man Freefall, then Action Man Hit The Ground at Almighty Speed with Faulty Parachute. ?

image.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Ahh the good old Action Man, I had 7 of them originally and they were all my mates, English, German, American, Astronaut, frogman, Sky diver, and Navy, plus all the gear , weapons, tanks, the space capsule, rubber dinghy, plus I collected even more with my stars off the boxes. Got rid of them over the years but I found a German Paratrooper limited edition a few yrs ago in a trading centre, still boxed, for £15. but they ruined Action man with the eagle eyes, the felt hair, built in underwear, ring pull in the back. I was amazed at how much a good original with kit was making in the SCI-FI, toy fare that was held locally a few yrs ago. I had two original GI Joes at one time straight from America, an uncle got them for me while on holiday. You can still get all the kit at WAP or MO but it aint cheap. You have to admit the Parachute was crap and sometimes did,nt open but I got hold of a flare chute and used that , much more realistic when thrown off the top of the flats and when we all threw them off it was like Market Garden

• Upvote 2

When I was about 10 years old, I swapped my uncles German Helmet that he brought back after WW2 for an Action Man doll....Steven Clark!!!!.......I was diddled, I want the helmet  back....:)

My young brother ( Retired RAF Flt Lt )  collects Action Man gear, and spends fortunes buying the old stuff.....seemingly its VERY collectible...:) 

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Yes,many figures were wounded with the crap parachutes... i recall breaking my mates and i got a helluva belting off my old man.

• Upvote 2

Yeah the thing was that stupid piece of string that nearly always got caught between his legs and stopped the chute from deploying

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

When Hans took his injury, my dad put his hand back on with a field dressing, err... I mean parcel tape. ;)

• Upvote 2