M1917 A1

Afrikakorpsrat64

Here is my M1917 A1, was issued to Vernon Cole, 45th combat engineers, he was KIA in April 1944 on the Marshall islands. He was from Iowa.

20160729_111612.jpg

20160729_111555.jpg

20160729_111623.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks @Beastly, this one has a special place for me as I was able to research the owner. Man I love this hobby!

• Upvote 1

I am real suprised that there is not more interest from members on the US stuff.

• Upvote 1

Hiya @Afrikakorpsrat64...That is an amazing helmet... I would love to own one one day ...or one of that ilk... 

I'm visiting California later this year in November, ( San Diego) and hoping to get my nose into a few shops, ( I have found the vets thrift shops to be good) ideally I want to return home with an M1917 and an original M1...be the M1 WW2 or Vietnam era...doesnt really matter.....and maybe even a couple of fighting knives....

Last trip over, I visited the Del Mar Gun Show, and the things on sale were a collectors heaven...and at such good prices too....I almost bought a Garand rifle and was going to leave it in my cousins gun safe for my range trips when I visited...

What I think i'm trying to say is, there is much interest in US militaria over this side...but, its quite difficult to get hold of such stuff...:(

SO...keep posting things on here...PLEASE....:)

• Upvote 2