My Aunts Holocaust Collection.

Norrie

My wee aunt in California is a very knowledgable Holocaust historian, and through the work she does, has had lots of items sent to her from all over the world...90% of them from either survivors or their family, she is collating it and hopefully will get it into a museum on a permanent loan at some point...so, after @lenny posted on the FB page about the lady Holocaust survivor, I decided to post the pics for you....:)

Hope you enjoy the photos, tho, I think my uncle has as bad a phone as myself...:) 

098.JPG

099.JPG

100.JPG

082.JPG

083.JPG

084.JPG

085.JPG

086.JPG

087.JPG

088.JPG

089.JPG

090.JPG

091.JPG

092.JPG

093.JPG

094.JPG

095.JPG

096.JPG

097.JPG

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 2

Very eerie and it sends chills down my spine however it is a very necessary thing to do to collate and protect them!

• Upvote 1

Just now, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

Very eerie and it sends chills down my spine however it is a very necessary thing to do to collate and protect them!

Totally agree @HetzersGonnaHetz...I saw this a couple of years ago, "in the flesh"..tho they are all kept in display cases..and it did the same to me...tho, it MUST be kept in peoples minds....I take my hat off to her.....:)

BTW, you should see the collection she has on Nurse Edith Cavell.....gawd, thats something else...original items she owned...and lots more...:) 

This collecting lark must be a "family" thing...:)

• Upvote 1

Just now, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

Wow! Real speciality collection!!!

Yep, she gets her head into something,and just goes for it...:) She also has one of the best collections in the USA of Shirley Temple memorabilia , they reckon her collection would buy a good house, mibbes two....but that took her over 20 years to collect....I dont have pics of that one tho.....:)

BTW, look up Shirley Temple on Google...:)

• Upvote 1

I will, should I do this on Private browsing as I don't know what will come up? Hahaha 

• Upvote 1

LOL @HetzersGonnaHetz...she was a child movie star of the 30's...and went onto become a United Nations ambassador...:) 

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 1