My first German Helmet- M35 three colour camo barn find.

HetzersGonnaHetz

Just bought this from a friend, coming next week, its my first German Helmet, an M35 Camo, you can see dark green, light green and it's grey paint,  its a Barn Find from Estonia, with partial liner and no chinstrap, it's nothing fancy, but I like it and it's not mint so it has some history,

Kindest Regards,

Hetz

001_16_.JPG

011_11_.JPG

014_8_.JPG

016_8_.JPG

017_7_.JPG

018_9_.JPG

Edited by HetzersGonnaHetz
  • Upvote 2

Thats not a bad looking lid for a barn find, plus an M35 partial liner and partial decal, for a first helmet you aint done bad, see if theres any lot numbers on the rear skirt and makers mark and size by the chinstrap post

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Davejb said:

Thats not a bad looking lid for a barn find, plus an M35 partial liner and partial decal, for a first helmet you aint done bad, see if theres any lot numbers on the rear skirt and makers mark and size by the chinstrap post

I'll do that when it arrives Dave! I'm bloody looking forward to it, and I think I got a killer lid for a killer price. I am quite liking the barn find helmets when looking at them, as you know where it's from and you know it has history, I don't think I'd want a mint one just yet, partly down to cost. Cheers for the nice comment mate :D 

• Upvote 1

Cheers AKR, really do like it, and the decal is in December shape as you said, about 60% which is awesome!

15 minutes ago, PmMeYourCats said:

Well done mate! 

Cheers Bry ;)

@Davejb debating whether to put on Lord Sheratons and Renwax or leave it be, hmmmmmm, I might be a little bit of renwax on eh?

Is the paint still flaking???, you could put some ren on it, very light application, other wise you,ll make it shiney

• Upvote 1

I don't think it is flaking, I'll put a tad on then.

• Major General

Decent relic lid...but I'd be inclined to leave it as is.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

Decent relic lid...but I'd be inclined to leave it as is.

Good point Bill, should be okay as is, but for the liner, should I put on some Leather Balsalm as I don't want it rotting away further? 

Edited by HetzersGonnaHetz

Bil is right it is classed as a semi relic due to the condition overall,but its a good one compared to the really rusted out ones. You could try the balsam, it should help to preserve the leather, and stop any rot, but be extra careful, the leather appears to be in a weak condition and could tear, so gently gently catchy monkey. You might lose some of the very rotted bits

• Upvote 1

I will be very careful in that case then Dave, if it's putting it at too much risk I'll leave it.