US M1 WW2 Helmet , plus another.

Norrie

Hiya, Just bought this from a smashing chap who is a member of the MCN FB page, a service man in the marines...in the US, and it's been delivered to my cousin in California, I'll be collecting it in a few weeks...:0

I bought a WW2 M1 Helmet and liner, plus a Vietnam era liner.

They arrived yesterday and I got mu cus to take some pics for me..

They are a tad mixed up, and I'm not really sure whats what, But for what i paid, I'm not really fussed as i wanted a "real" US M1 for the shelf...I've never even held a real M1 in my grubby hands before ...

So, thoughts please if you dont mind guys.

Thanks again...:)

m1 2.jpg

m1 3.jpg

m1 4.jpg

m1 5.jpg

m1 6.jpg

m1 7.jpg

m1 8.jpg

m1.jpg

M1hat.jpg

M1hat2.jpg

M1hat3.jpg

M1hat4.jpg

M1hat5.jpg

M1hat6.jpg

M1hat7.jpg

M1hat8.jpg

m1hat9.jpg

m1hat10.jpg

m1hat11.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Ok, what you have is a front seam M1 with swivel bails and a high lot no., which means it's a late war helmet shell, made before November 1944, probably late '44 or thereabouts.the liner within is a Capac-made 1951 dated example (with OD #7 webbing if my memory serves me well).this would put it around Korean War period and service.the sweatband is post war too, looks to be a later Vietnam war period replacement judging by the webbing.

the other liner is a standard infantry liner as used in Vietnam and after up until the early 1980's.

• Upvote 3

Excellent @Bil4338..thanks for that...so, I have parts of three different era helmets? ...but as long as the shell is WW2, as advertised, I'm happy...I'll try and find the other three parts to complete them...

So, I need a WW2 liner, any particular make to match the shell?? a Korean era Shell...and a Vietnam to 80's era shell as well...should get them in the US no problems......I hope...:)

Thanks Bill...:)

• Major General

A wee perusal around the local flea pits across the pond should give you what you need @Norrie!^_^a lot easier to acquire these things than over here, and cheaper too I'd imagine.

• Upvote 1

Yep @Bil4338, agreed...I have just over two weeks to spend hunting them down in San Diego and LA , early October aint coming quick enough...:)

• Upvote 2