The NEW NAAFI Store

Mike Charlie November

• Brigadier

The new Classifieds/Sales/Trade/Exchange area is live on the MCN. Feel free to post a few items for sale/trade/wanted and see how it goes? It's just new so possibly some teething issues, but you won't suffer or lose money. It's FREE for MCN members who are collectors, token charge for dealers. ;)

On the top menu as the NAAFI Store. ;)

Let me know your feedback, I'm kind of pleased with it so far.

• Upvote 2

Been wondering what all those "Test" adverts were for...now i know...:D

I'm liking the way you have set it up MCN....and especially like the GBP/Dollar/Euro thingy...:D

Looks easy enough to put an ad on as well...I'll get a few items on over the next couple of days, see how it goes...Good work there.... 

BTW, I'll buy all of those £10 belts....how many d'you have for sale?? :P

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
13 minutes ago, Norrie said:

Been wondering what all those "Test" adverts were for...now i know...:D

I'm liking the way you have set it up MCN....and especially like the GBP/Dollar/Euro thingy...:D

Looks easy enough to put an ad on as well...I'll get a few items on over the next couple of days, see how it goes...Good work there.... 

BTW, I'll buy all of those £10 belts....how many d'you have for sale?? :P

Cheers mate, amount of belts? Eh, sweet fanny adams.. ;)

• Upvote 1

You,d think that with all those 150 odd belts he has he could let one go at a tenner just to be sociable :$

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Davejb said:

You,d think that with all those 150 odd belts he has he could let one go at a tenner just to be sociable :$

150? You've only seen half the collection then.. ;)

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall

The wanted ads weren't working properly, all sorted now... Let your WANTS begin.. ;)

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
5 minutes ago, Fuze Collector said:

Where have all the items for sale disappeared to?

Where they've always beem, just the name has changed, We have the NAAFi store as a shop, and a discussion group about the shop. Shop on top menu, discussion f=group where it's always been. ;)

http://www.militariacollectors.network/forum/4-the-naafi-store/

Strange, if I click on buy, sell trade, then click on NAAFI store I'm presented with 1 item for sale.

• Field Marshall

Yes, because we have no way of moving old items to the new shop unless sellers re-list them. The old items are still there in the forum, but no new posts can be made there. As time goes by, all the sales will be in the new store... ;)

However, if I click on the link you posted I see them all, shouldn't clicking on NAAFI store display them all?

• Field Marshall
8 minutes ago, Fuze Collector said:

However, if I click on the link you posted I see them all, shouldn't clicking on NAAFI store display them all?

At the moment we have a store and a discussion forum. Once all the sales posts are in the actual store I can think about what to do with the actual forum...

• Field Marshall

I'm having issues with the multiple currencies. I had it set for GBP/EUR/USD but if you only put a price in one of them, the others showed up as 0.00 or not at all. Then if you made an offer in a differnet currency to what the seller used, your offer came through as 0.00

Pain in the erse. working on it... At the moment, everything is in GBP. Work out your dollar/euro rate and put it in your description or convert to GB Pounds. ;)

do we have a minimum number of posts required to view and sell on the new section?? Just thinking about the problem one of our members had with a certain POS My thoughts would be 50 posts minimum. 

• Field Marshall

I'm still thinking about this... The issue I have is that there are hardly any items for sale as it is, if I make it 50 posts we'd have hee haw.

Let me think about it.. ;)