If you do use them: What sites do you buy your militaria from?

HetzersGonnaHetz

Just interested, nothing more than that.

Cheers, 

Any comments are appreciated as I might use them in the future. 

Facebook, D&B, Gumtree, Ebay, DGB Militaria and a few more I can't list off the top of my head.

Nice, I need to find some good ones that sell legit DAK items because that is what I've decided to collect mainly. I tend to look at Bay State Militaria and JC Militaria + a few others.

Thanks for the reply Bryan.

• Field Marshall

Generally better sourcing from other collectors and build up your network of go-to-guys. ;) Oh, and learn to avoid the dodgy dealers. ;)

Well I know that if anyone posts on this forum with something to sell and it's fake I know that you guys will comment so some poor sod, ie ME, will not buy it, thinking it's real. From now on I'll buy in person or from this Forum.

Cheers Lenny for the comment,

Harvey :)

• Field Marshall

You have to build a network of contacts, you can't really just getting from one source. We always try to help as there is nothing most collectors hate more than to see someone get shafted. :(

6 minutes ago, Lenny said:

You have to build a network of contacts, you can't really just getting from one source. We always try to help as there is nothing most collectors hate more than to see someone get shafted. :(

Cheers Lenny

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

Oh amd just for the record, we've all been shafted by the fakes. Some might not now it, but we've all been had. :(

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Lenny said:

Oh amd just for the record, we've all been shafted by the fakes. Some might not now it, but we've all been had. :(

I'm obviously not looking forward to it but it's gonna happen.

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

It can be a learning experience, but hopefully not too painful. I don't want to talk about my FJ lid.. :(

• Upvote 1

You don't even need to bother, as soon as FJ items that are fake come into the mixing pot, Jeezus Christ. :(

I dip into Militariamart quite often. Many Dealers now have FaceBook pages that alert you to site updates.

• Upvote 1