Can anyone please help ID my latest Bayonet finds?

Martin Taylor

I've picked up 2 bayonets at a sale and after diving down the rabbithole of bayonet research i'm a little stumped. The first one i think is a Model S84/98nA  mauser bayonet marked with Rich. A Herder Solingen (see pics) but i'm struggling to get a date as the info i'm finding and the stamp on the top of the blade don't seem to tie up. I'm wondering if this is quite an old bayonet due to the crown stamps? As for the second one i can find no marks other than a serial number on the hilt and the design seems common across a number of nations - it's a little shorter than the other and is double edged. I'm not sure this one is german as some swiss made ones i've seen seem similar. So i'm a bit stuck and wondered if anyone with expertise in the area could offer up some more info on them? I'm interested mainly in dating them and confirming country of origin. Thanks guys!

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0826.JPG

IMG_0827.JPG

IMG_0828.JPG

IMG_0829.JPG

IMG_0830.JPG

IMG_0831.JPG

IMG_0832.JPG

IMG_0833.JPG

IMG_0834.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0836.JPG

IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG

• Upvote 1

Hello,

Great Items.....But sorry I don't know anything about these, but I am sure someone on MCN will help you.

Best Wishes...Desert Rat

• Like 1

I've managed to ID the K98 bayonet through a facebook group it's apparently an Imperial German WWI S84/98 Na II - the predecessor model to the world war 2 issue one.

• Like 1

Hello Martin,

At least you have found some info on it....hope someone on MCN can help?

Best to you....Desert Rat

And the second one is a Belgian FN49 Bayonet.

No worries Desert Rat :) it's all good info and now they're in the forum they may help someone else with identification ;)

all adds to the knowledgebase!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks Martin and Boonie,

At least you know what you are talking about.....I know nothing at all about any bayonets!

Well Done and many Thanks....IanB/ Desert Rat

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text