Free to good home for a charity donation ! Aircraft relics

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guys I am sorting some bits and have a box full of various aircraft relic bits and pieces Lancaster,Wellington,Halifax,spitfire etc,etc,which were collected from crash sites in Lancashire and Cumbria in my childhood.Some pieces are numbered and some are generic.Now I am gladly willing to donate these to any party that may be interested in them,ideally a newbie collector or someone who would appreciate them.Thats how I started :P.

I don't want them appearing on eBay or selling pages >:(, all I ask for is you pay the postage cost for them,and make a goodwill donation to a charity close to my own heart which is Combat Stress.The postage cost would be £12.95 next day delivery via courier due to weight.

I hope they may spark an interest in the younger generation,and maybe just help start someone on the starting ladder,we have all been there :P

http://www.combatstress.org.uk/

Lenny if this is in the wrong section please amend. @Lenny

H&J

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

I am interested in the marked bits H&J. Got any pics? I will add them to my displays at Military shows and schools, using them to educate people about the markings seen on aircraft parts.

• Upvote 2

• Major General

As soon as my mate Mark Gaskell joins up,im sure he will also be interested Ham? He helps run some small project/museum thats being created on the Fylde coast.

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I think @HetzersGonnaHetz is having them guys,I am just awaiting confirmation if not then I will work down the list @Steve T etc.

Cheers,having a week of clearing bits donations to Combat Stress so stay tuned ;).

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

Just now, Ham & Jam said:

I think @HetzersGonnaHetz is having them guys,I am just awaiting confirmation if not then I will work down the list @Steve T etc.

Cheers pal, I'll get back to you with my info etc a bit later on.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ham & Jam said:

That's part of the box,there is more too,will get the other box out later.

image.jpeg

I can't thank you enough for this. :)

Cheers

Guest Fred Karno's Army
Just now, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

I can't thank you enough for this. :)

Cheers

I can remember what most of it is off aircraft/ crash site etc,so will individually bag it and tag it in the box ;).

On 23/02/2016 at 11:01, Ham & Jam said:

Guys I am sorting some bits and have a box full of various aircraft relic bits and pieces Lancaster,Wellington,Halifax,spitfire etc,etc,which were collected from crash sites in Lancashire and Cumbria in my childhood.Some pieces are numbered and some are generic.Now I am gladly willing to donate these to any party that may be interested in them,ideally a newbie collector or someone who would appreciate them.Thats how I started :P.

I don't want them appearing on eBay or selling pages >:(, all I ask for is you pay the postage cost for them,and make a goodwill donation to a charity close to my own heart which is Combat Stress.The postage cost would be £12.95 next day delivery via courier due to weight.

I hope they may spark an interest in the younger generation,and maybe just help start someone on the starting ladder,we have all been there :P

http://www.combatstress.org.uk/

Lenny if this is in the wrong section please amend. @Lenny

H&J

Do you have any info on the crash sites in Cumbria H&J ? I'm just down the road from silloth airfield 

Peter

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I would imagine Peter the Internet is the best place these days,back in the early 80s when I found most of these it was just through being taken to them by a close family friend,who lived and breathed aircraft relics and knowledge.If you give me a few days I have a wartime site plan for silloth it's a reprint but if I can find it your welcome to it. :)

• Major General

Ages since ive drove past the old Silloth Airfield.

Peter,is that Jennings pub still open in Silloth? I think it was at the end of castle street?

Ive reason for asking as they had a small artifact display in the pub and i did my best to try to buy a certain item but to no avail :(

21 hours ago, Ham & Jam said:

I would imagine Peter the Internet is the best place these days,back in the early 80s when I found most of these it was just through being taken to them by a close family friend,who lived and breathed aircraft relics and knowledge.If you give me a few days I have a wartime site plan for silloth it's a reprint but if I can find it your welcome to it. :)

Thank you, yes i would love to see it if you find it. Cheers

20 hours ago, Waffenamt said:

Ages since ive drove past the old Silloth Airfield.

Peter,is that Jennings pub still open in Silloth? I think it was at the end of castle street?

Ive reason for asking as they had a small artifact display in the pub and i did my best to try to buy a certain item but to no avail :(

Not sure but could be the Albion on Eden street, it was owned by jennings brewrey but sold off 4 or 5 years back. Next time i am through that way, i will pop in for a swift half and have a look.

• Upvote 1

• Major General

I think thats the one buddy. End of a cobbled street. Oh man,they had a lovely display.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Waffenamt said:

I think thats the one buddy. End of a cobbled street. Oh man,they had a lovely display.

Yeah, just had a look online and the write up says, a traditional bar with old pictures on the walls and models of whaling boats and some TT memrobilia. so a good chance its still there.

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Google street map looks like the place shut down long ago. Gutted. I might put an add in the local paper. There was one item i would prolly have killed for.