Bulmers Wartime Cider advert

Guest Fred Karno's Army

• Major General

Eeeh,Bulmers!  I was the sole sub contractor responsible for the entire Lake District for just over 5 years during the early 2000's. Was great until they gambled on the japanese markets and lost millions.. Scotsco then bought them and i was withdrawn back to manchester area for other breweries. :(

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I hate to admit it but in my darkest hours I became a Frostys fan :(,bloody paintstripper:o.

Bulmers never quite achieved the desired effect  ;) :$

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a story for you, during ww2 my grandad was on reserved occupation, he farmed in north Herefordshire, he was also the mole catcher for bulmers, even into the 70s I remember going with him round the orchards checking and re setting traps, he was probably one of the last men to do the job.

Equally like a lot of men stuck back in UK he joined the home guard, I think he resented not ever being able to go off to fight, as he never claimed any medal entitlement on the basis that he didn't do anything to deserve it, I often wonder if lots of young men of that era felt the same when stuck in reserved occupations ?

Edited by the colonel
  • Upvote 2

I developed a taste for real Devon scrumpy, but it also developed a desire to place me on the loo for a couple of hours, two pints of this evil brew with a cloudy look to it and bits of straw every now and then had a very adverse effect on my lower colon and when people say they had to run to the loo, try galloping with clenched cheeks and naked from the waist down, not a pretty sight

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall

I'm quarter Somerset, so proper scrumpy is my drink of choice.. ;) 

So your colon knows exactly how I felt then!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1